2023 MBA Summer Intern - Strategy and Operations
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an MBA Summer Intern to join our 2023 MBA Internship Program. In this 10-week program, you will have ownership of a high-profile project within our Business Operations team, where you will partner with key business stakeholders.
You will have opportunities to analyze unique business ideas, make data-driven decisions and provide input to drive meaningful change. You will have exposure to upper-level management (including Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents) and the opportunity to apply general business skills to support the successful execution of corporate strategy. Your ability to drive order and create value by addressing root cause analysis will result in the scalability and desired business outcomes that prepare Toptal for continued hypergrowth.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, but senior-level meetings are scheduled based on US east coast time (EST), so you must be available during those hours. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will work closely with leaders in various business units to identify growth opportunities, address them by applying analytical thinking and root cause analysis, and define and lead new projects. This role will work with a variety of senior leadership stakeholders to plan business analysis and drive operational excellence.
The nature of the projects that you will support, at a high level, will require that you:
- Dive into a problem, team, or initiative as an internal consultant, asking questions to learn everything you can about the subject.
- Remove constraints and use non-incremental thinking to determine how to frame the engagement such that the project can deliver an order of magnitude greater impact.
- Execute your plans, frequently do things yourself as an individual contributor, and lay a solid foundation that can be built upon.
- Ensure that the project can be sustainable within the function or company without you - either by recommending the right business leader or by implementing processes that allow for its success in the future.
Example projects may include:
- Working with cross-functional partners to transform existing processes or activities to improve outcomes.
- Coordinating and executing strategic and operational initiatives to maximize value delivered.
- Planning and implementing a better workflow for collaboration between two key teams.
- Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application with a graduation date between December 2023 – September 2024.
- 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between the graduation date from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program, preferably in a consulting firm working on strategy and project development.
- Ability to participate in a 10-week full-time internship in the summer of 2023.
- Proven track record of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution.
- Ability to leverage data to perform root cause analysis and address the source of issues.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional, dynamic environment, managing multiple, sometimes competing, priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence and execute effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Committed to learning new things, taking ownership, and getting things done.
- Business-level fluency in English (in both written and verbal format).
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.