Account Manager, Finance and Consulting Vertical
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Interacting with finance experts and consultants in Toptal’s talent network, you will be responsible for maintaining the network’s integrity and quality while also helping talent from every corner of the world find their dream job. Central to Toptal’s operations, you will also be the owner of feedback for product development and operational processes around the entire Talent Operations team. This person will be working closely with several other teams such as Sales, Client Experience, and Talent Acquisition to grow Toptal’s Finance & Consulting network.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
This Account Manager is the direct link between the Top 3% finance experts and consultants that pass our screening process and the clients who are looking to engage them. You will work closely with multiple Toptal clients on understanding their requirements and needs and finding the best possible candidate for them inside Toptal’s talent network. You will also ensure talent and clients are working together successfully.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take on your first clients and handle their engagement with Toptal.
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with the talent and address their needs.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top tier brands and clients.
- With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own minor process adjustments.
- Technical. Must have a finance or consulting background.
- Communication. You are very comfortable using different types of communication (voice, video, email, chat). You are a strong communicator.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the work you do.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Multitasking. You are comfortable balancing dozens of clients and talent and don’t get your wires crossed.
- Critical thinking. You must be able to think strategically to connect the dots between opportunities and available resources/capabilities across the network.
- Integrity, at the highest level. Must be able to exercise good judgment in novel situations.
- Resilience. Must have a growth mentality and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You must be an exceptional performer in high-pressure situations.
- EQ. You must have tremendous emotional intelligence, including exceptional foresight and judgment.
- Attention to detail. Must be highly comprehensive.
- Problem solving. Must be very resourceful and creative, capable of solving difficult, critical problems by maximizing the extensive resources of the Toptal organization.
- Be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.