Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting activities related to the accounts payable under minimal supervision. These tasks will include accounting classification, reconciliation, and detailed record-keeping for all vendor invoices and agreements, among others. You will be expected to exercise independent judgment in the processing and resolution of non-routine accounting matters including communication with internal and external clients. You must be able to rapidly address complex problems and execute other duties as assigned.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere within the United States. Proof of eligibility to work in the US will be required.
- Handle tasks from a variety of sources rapidly and with an extremely high attention to detail.
- Ensure that all inquiries received are either resolved or are on a clear path to resolution within one day of the time they are received.
- Respond and complete all internal and external inquiries daily via email, Internet Messaging, and the internal accounting helpdesk.
- Process outgoing payments via ACH, Wires, Credit Cards and other payment systems.
- Review and reconcile accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Help research, track, and resolve accounting and financial issues.
- Perform other basic accounting and administrative functions to support overall business.
- Involve team members as appropriate to solve complex or difficult situations quickly and efficiently.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- You must be highly productive in an unstructured environment and be able to complete day-to-day tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Accounting experience within accounts payable.
- Strong customer service skills and attitude, including strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Comfort with software applications, such as spreadsheets and relational databases, and comfortable with proprietary software.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work well with others in a high demand environment.
- Proficient in English (fluency is required).
- Must reside and be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a background check will be performed.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Leann joined the Toptal Accounting Department in 2014, specializing in accounts payable. When not handling payments, she keeps busy with athletics and raising her family.
- Alisa has extensive experience as an HR leader, with a focus on developing HR infrastructure for small business and start-ups. She has a background as an educator, and specializes in coaching, developing, and motivating employees and teams. She has been a Human Resources Manager at Toptal since 2015.