Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Associate Marketing Analyst, you will be working with Toptal’s Paid Media & Growth Labs Team, driving innovation and company growth at the intersection of business, technology, data, and marketing. While no specific prior technical experience is necessary, to excel at this position you must have an entrepreneurial mentality and an ability to approach a wide variety of problems using an analytical mindset. You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper growth company while working with and learning from a team of engineers, growth experts, and entrepreneurs.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations of paid media channels (Facebook, AdWords, LinkedIn, etc). This includes account optimization and maintenance, testing, ad copy creation, and consulting for overall strategy discussions. You will work with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and growth experts to run digital marketing campaigns that target companies looking to hire elite software engineers, designers, and finance professionals.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal, the Paid Media and Growth Labs Team, and the larger Growth organization.
- Be introduced to multiple organizations and individuals to help generate better context for your role.
In the first month you will:
- Become an expert in the inner workings of Toptal.
- Learn about the different teams and systems used to move clients through the growth funnel and be able to analyze and understand each step.
- Start to manage the LinkedIn marketing channel under the guidance of senior team members.
In the first three months you will:
- Fully own the LinkedIn marketing channel.
- Create your own hypothesis tests and execute on them from start to finish. This includes collaborating on copy design, landing page, and campaign targeting/configuration.
- Start to onboard other small paid marketing channels.
In the first six months you will:
- Be fully comfortable owning, optimizing, and nurturing a number of paid media channels.
- Be able to create your own data-driven hypotheses and strategies for new growth areas.
In the first year you will:
- Scale your impact outside of paid media and further into the Growth Team and Toptal as a whole.
- Be coordinating beyond the Paid Media & Growth Labs group to drive cross-functional impact outside of your core role.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- A strong knack for coming up with well-reasoned ideas for how to acquire and retain new clients.
- A strong analytical background with a proven track record of scoping and executing on analytics projects, and a bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- Comfort with executing repeatedly on manual implementation and analysis tasks.
- While not necessary, a background in marketing analytics is a big plus for this role. You will need to be comfortable evaluating a growth funnel using standard marketing KPIs (CTR, CPA, Site Bounce Rate, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Gabriel is our VP of Growth Marketing. He leads our customer acquisition strategy for both SMB and Enterprise segments. His career in technology started at age 13 when he built a revenue-generating social website. Afterward, he worked in management consulting, growth and product management in companies such as Facebook and InsideSales.com. He earned degrees in Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, and an MBA from Stanford University. Outside of work, Gabriel enjoys training for long distance triathlons and traveling around the world.