Audio/Video Scriptwriter, Publications
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Audio/Video Scriptwriter is organized, meticulous, and brings a journalistic-minded approach to scriptwriting for the Publications team at Toptal. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, Future of Work; you will work closely with the Podcast Producer, Editors-in-Chief, and Managing Editor, and will conduct research on guests and write scripts for The Talent Economy podcast, as well as future podcasts and video content. You will improve the quality of and process for creating scripts that provide our host and guests with a concierge experience that shows an understanding of both voice and story.
The ideal candidate has experience developing podcast and short-form video scripts that are centered around the 1:1 interview. Should have experience with audio editing.
In this role, you will help grow and uplevel our podcast and video production through deep research and effective storytelling via scriptwriting.
- Conduct thorough background research on all podcast guests and the Fortune 500 companies for which they work.
- Write compelling thought-leadership scripts for The Talent Economy podcast.
- Assist with audio editing for Publications team projects.
- Assist in guest outreach for booking new guests and relationship management for current and former guests.
- Materially participate in the strategy and vision of audio and video content.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn the basics through Toptal’s thorough onboarding process.
- Meet your colleagues in Publications and Marketing.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand the mission of The Talent Economy podcast.
- Become familiar with past podcasts and scripts to learn the host’s voice and style, as well as our audience.
- Take ownership of writing scripts for the podcast.
- Review current script writing processes and procedures for improvements.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Uplevel the quality of scripts and conversations in The Talent Economy Podcast.
- Work on scripts for new audio/video initiatives.
In the first year, expect to:
- Support the expansion of our audio/video content by creating best-in-class scripts and helping to edit audio projects spanning multiple publications.
- The ideal candidate has proven experience as a scriptwriter and researcher, preferably in a publishing or media environment.
- Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills, as well as curiosity, eagerness, and collaboration.
- At least 5 years in a high-quality editorial environment.
- Comfortable with audio and video editing.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, who does not wait to be told what to do but pushes themself and others to improve processes and flow and find efficiencies for the team.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.