Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Brand Content Writer on Toptal’s Content Strategy team, you will be responsible for authoring a wide variety of content to support the needs of our growing Enterprise team.
The types of content you work on will vary depending on the evolving needs of the team. Some examples may include white papers, case studies, sales decks (standardized templates as well as one-offs for specific opportunities), tailored landing pages, scripts for client story videos, among others. Priorities will be determined in partnership with the Enterprise team.
All applicants must submit a portfolio that showcases a variety of content work, including at least one large-format content piece that you’ve authored (e.g., branded white paper, long-format case study, article, etc.), as well as any other pieces of content that you would like to feature.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Author unique, new-to-world content pieces for our Enterprise team.
- Research Toptal’s enterprise audience and develop user personas to guide content decisions.
- Occasionally interview clients to glean necessary information to write case studies.
- Provide rapid feedback and copy editing to stakeholders as needed.
- Partner with members of our Design team to create layouts and final designs for new content pieces.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Take risks and champion new ideas.
- Create provocative marketing language for our experiences to help position Toptal as a forward-thinking, unique, intelligent, innovative company ready to solve our clients’ business challenges.
In the first week you will:
- Meet the other members of the Content Strategy team.
- Begin to learn the high-level principles of Toptal’s brand voice and messaging strategy.
- Immerse yourself in your first content projects.
- Integrate yourself into the brand marketing function.
In the first month you will:
- Meet other stakeholders across Toptal that you will work with.
- Work with the Enterprise team to compile a prioritized list of needs to determine your plan for content.
- Complete several content projects and get a feel for the types of work you’ll be doing.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other stakeholders.
In the first three months you will:
- Begin to partner with our thought leadership blog team to understand the full enterprise offering and optimize between the two teams as needed.
- Become fully integrated into Toptal and the Brand team.
- Have finished several major initiatives.
- Strategize and roadmap future projects you’ll take on.
In the first six months you will:
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have helped revolutionize how we create amazing content to support our Enterprise team.
- 5-10+ years’ experience writing a variety of content pieces for an enterprise B2B audience.
- A strong knack for communication strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of content decisions.
- Ability to conceptualize and write content that may focus on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, finance, and project/product management. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Ability to interface with a number of internal stakeholders as well as external clients for ad hoc content projects.
- Must have a strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications. You must be able to write marketing headlines that grab attention and make people think about Toptal in an exciting way.
- Must be able to conceptualize copy and content from scratch as well as make existing copy stronger and more compelling.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional grammar and command of the English language.
- Must be able to incorporate feedback to arrive at the best possible outcome.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI