As a Brand Writer on Toptal’s Content team, you will be responsible for the idea generation and copywriting for a wide variety of marketing content that supports the Toptal brand.
The types of content you work on will vary depending on the evolving needs of the team. Some examples may include scripts for Toptal brand videos, OOH campaigns, and case-study videos. You will also be asked to create social content and online advertising for the Growth Marketing team at Toptal.
All applicants must submit a portfolio that showcases a variety of content work, including Brand Videos or commercials along with content that shows us how you write (e.g., headline campaigns, long copy, social posts, etc.). Please also include any other pieces of content you think we could be interested in.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Write video scripts.
- Conduct interviews in case study videos (this can be taught).
- Help guide the edits for the video content we create.
- Write headlines for everything from billboards to online case studies.
- Write online advertising for the Growth campaigns.
- Provide rapid feedback and copy editing to stakeholders as needed.
- Partner with members of our Design team to concept ideas for videos and marketing communications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as required.
- Take risks and champion new ideas for everything from the events we host to experiential marketing.
- Create provocative marketing language for our experiences to help position Toptal as a forward-thinking, unique, intelligent, innovative company ready to solve our clients’ business challenges.
In the first week you will:
- Meet the other members of the Content team.
- Begin to learn the high-level principles of Toptal’s brand voice and messaging strategy.
- Immerse yourself in your first brand content projects.
- Integrate yourself into the brand marketing function.
In the first month you will:
- Meet other stakeholders across Toptal that you will work with.
- Work with the Growth team to compile a prioritized list of needs to determine your plan for content.
- Complete several content projects – or fewer – depending on the type of work this month will require.
- Clarify and pressure-test different processes and workflows you’ll use when collaborating with other stakeholders.
In the first three months you will:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal and the Brand team.
- Have finished several major projects.
- Strategize and roadmap future projects you’ll take on.
In the first six months you will:
- Strategize how to scale the work you do as Toptal grows.
- Have helped elevate the quality of our brand content.
- 5-10+ years’ experience writing a variety of content for both consumer and B2B audiences.
- A proven track record of developing and producing video content.
- A strong knack for communication strategy and an eye for the long-term scalability of content decisions.
- Ability to conceptualize and write content that may focus on nuanced technical concepts relevant to development, design, finance, and project/product management.
- Ability to interface with a number of internal stakeholders as well as external clients for ad hoc content projects.
- Must have a strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications. You must be able to write marketing headlines that grab attention and make people think about Toptal in an exciting way.
- Must be able to conceptualize copy and content from scratch as well as make existing copy stronger and more compelling.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional grammar and command of the English language.
- Must be able to incorporate feedback to arrive at the best possible outcome.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.