Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Client Experience Manager at Toptal, you will play a critical role in the operations and management of the Client Experience (CX) team. You will be responsible for executing and overseeing all team processes and policies in order to ensure Toptal provides the highest level of client experience on a global scale and around the clock. You will work closely with the Head of Client Experience to hire, train, and manage a rapidly-growing team and take ownership of team performance and initiatives. You will work closely with both internal teams and our clients to quickly and effectively resolve issues. You will have the opportunity to work in a cross-functional capacity with other Toptal teams to promote a culture of continuously improving client services.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work as both an individual contributor and manager of people to drive forward client experience processes and initiatives.
- Assist with tracking, analyzing, and reporting key client experience metrics.
- Work with the Head of Client Experience to identify areas for team improvement; lead the team on correcting/optimizing these areas quickly and efficiently.
- Assist with the creation, implementation, and training of client experience best practices and playbooks.
- Take ownership of daily client experience operations: assigning tasks, monitoring support channels to ensure exemplary and timely response, and acting as mentor and escalation point for CX team members.
- Lead the team in working to address and resolve client issues, either through direct personal action or by promoting quick and results-driven collaboration with other relevant parties.
- Lead weekly team meetings and strategy sessions, with input from the Head of Client Experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal communicator, both in written and spoken word. Must be able to build strong, professional relationships.
- Must have experience working directly with clients and be capable of diffusing issues easily and effectively. Must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations.
- To excel at this role, you must be optimistic and persistent. You can win friends and influence people. You can accept critique, both internally and externally, as an opportunity to improve.
- Independent. Proactive. Self-motivated. Introduces new ideas and opportunities without instruction to do so.
- Authoritative. Able to say “no” when it’s easier to say “yes” and be willing to draw a hard line. At the same time, must possess strong ability to determine when a situation calls for additional internal investigation.
- Should exhibit interest/willingness or some experience in leading teams. The ideal candidate should have team management on their professional roadmap.
- Should have experience working in a cross-functional setting where decisions/action items were the result of a consensus.
- Knowledge in the software development field a significant plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.
- Sarah is a client services professional who is passionate about creating results-driven, scalable processes to promote exemplary client experiences. With a degree in Communications from Boston College, she has more than 10 years of experience in the customer service sector; 20, if you count hospitality (she does). Prior to Toptal, she was the Director of Client Success at Software Advice, a Gartner company. She lives, works, and eats a lot of tacos in Austin, Texas.