Client Partner - Industrial Products and Services - US-Based Applicants
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
This is a remote position.
Toptal is changing the way that companies build their teams with a global, remote network focused exclusively on top talent. We reject more than 97% of the developers, designers, and others who apply to become part of our network, allowing us to match clients with better talent faster than anyone else. Our proprietary tools and systems drive a differentiated talent acquisition experience, and we continue to push our frontier from staff augmentation to project-based services work.
If you have a relentless commitment to quality and are impatient with the typical pace of progress, Toptal offers a different kind of place to build a career. Our team is direct, data-driven, and hyper-focused on results. We have a bias for action in identifying and solving problems and believe that effective collaboration is a prerequisite for achieving anything meaningful. The pandemic trend toward remote work bent the shape of Toptal’s growth curve sharply upward, and we are confident that our quality-focused model will allow us to capture an increasing share of a massive addressable market. Come grow with us as we build a new way for companies to find and work with the world’s top talent on demand.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a Client Partner, you will grow a portfolio of accounts by building a network of client relationships, identify opportunities to engage our network, and position Toptal as a strategic talent partner. As you grow your portfolio to $5M, $10M, and $15M+, you will unlock the ability for your clients to assemble highly skilled, remote, technical teams that can execute sophisticated projects, and bring to bear the power of a blended workforce to ensure mission-critical business objectives are accomplished on time and under budget.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Come up to speed on your account portfolio and get into an operating rhythm with key client stakeholders and internal account team members.
- Work with your Sales Director to establish a portfolio strategy and build account plans.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become a trusted advisor to your existing client stakeholders, engaging in consultative selling by leveraging technical and business expertise and asking insightful questions.
- Quarterback prospecting, closing, and management activities on your accounts, from staffing projects to drafting SOWs to providing delivery oversight and ensuring client satisfaction.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Broaden and deepen your buyer map, articulating Toptal’s capabilities and identifying where we can help new client stakeholders based on the strategy outlined in your territory plan.
- Take Toptal’s presence on your accounts to the next level by introducing new capabilities and winning work away from larger staffing and services competitors.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have grown your network of senior client executives and materially increased Toptal’s footprint on your top accounts.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, teaching them about Toptal, our model, and how to successfully grow their territory.
- Continue to expand your pipeline and portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in your region, and use the full suite of capabilities that Toptal has to offer.
- 5-10 years of consulting and account management experience at a top-tier professional services or management consulting firm.
- Proven track record of growing a portfolio by selling large, complex, multi-phase, managed technology projects to enterprise clients with $2B+ in annual revenue.
- A well-rounded understanding of emerging technologies and ability to have an informed discussion about software delivery and development concepts with prospective clients.
- Professional maturity, poise, and executive presence – you’re a masterful storyteller with experience building long-term client relationships and influencing at the C-level.
- Experience negotiating complex service agreements and SOWs with procurement and legal departments within enterprise accounts.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The US-based salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 - $180,000 per year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the US-based salary range does not include the value of Toptal’s benefit offerings. In the US, Toptal’s benefit offerings include participation in a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions; medical, dental, and vision insurance plans in which Toptal pays 100% of the premiums for an employee’s coverage; basic life insurance coverage; short-term and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts, including dependent care and health savings accounts, access to telehealth virtual doctors, an employee assistance program, and flexible paid time off.
This position is also eligible to earn commissions based on revenue generated from engagements sold and a discretionary bonus.