Client Partner - Seattle
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Enterprises are loosening their grip on traditional workforce models and have embraced hybrid models that use highly-skilled, highly sought-after virtual resources allowing them to stay ahead in the war for talent. Could you imagine yourself being a part of this movement?
Toptal’s virtual delivery approach is dynamic and disruptive. Our Client Partners have a huge impact on our enterprise clients, the evolution of the-future-of-work, and our company’s ambitious growth goals. There is no better time to be a part of the Toptal team!
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Business Builder: Client Partners are responsible for ensuring the profitability and stability of their portfolio, handling risk, and driving incremental revenue.
- Delivery: Client Partners connect Tier 1 customers with our world-class freelance talent and provide oversight for delivery while exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Trusted Advisor: Our Client Partners demonstrate technical acumen and sales DNA to help our enterprise customers achieve outstanding scale, innovate faster, and transform digitally.
- 5+ years of strong project or program management expertise developed at a large global management consulting firm.
- Experience running and selling complex enterprise digital transformation initiatives in collaboration with sales teams.
- Successful portfolio management experience with the ability to drive incremental revenue within assigned clients.
- Experience negotiating service agreements and closing deals.
- Must excel at relationship building, relationship selling, and influencing at the C-level (Outstanding verbal communication skills)
- Consistent attainment of revenue goals tied to the customers you support.
In the first week, expect to:
- Begin our customized, virtual onboarding program.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our story, and how to articulate our value in the marketplace.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can use our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Work with your team lead to identify the right mix of clients for your portfolio.
- Begin to meet with clients and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, partners, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on your accounts, ensure customer happiness, and support the talent working with your customers.
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will work collaboratively with clients to help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance guides to drive successful outcomes for their organization.
- Develop account plans for key accounts.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build upon your existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute your account plans.
- Begin to expand the scope of engagement at all of your accounts, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also improving the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your accounts.
In the first year, expect to:
- Manage a portfolio of incredible client accounts that you have crafted on your own.
- Build a track record of successful delivery and positive relationships, including satisfied clients and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team. Be passionate about helping them learn more about our model and how our team connects clients to the world’s top talent!
- Prioritize and accelerate continuous growth within your portfolio of accounts, using the full suite of resources and capabilities Toptal has to offer.