Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst (“CIA”) will examine internal data streams and confidential documentation repositories to make informed process improvements on our proprietary platforms. Additionally, the CIA will act as a facilitator within the organization to make internal departments more efficient and accurate when utilizing our internal tools.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work in collaboration with the Product Management and People Operations teams to bring accuracy and efficiency to all aspects of our internal systems.
- Analyze and report on complex data.
- Communicate complex data in comprehensible ways.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources and clearly indicate final analysis and action items in regards to process improvement proposals.
- Synthesize and analyze information from various sources to identify trends, opportunities, and risks in regards to process improvement.
- Identify areas for process improvement & recommend system enhancements.
- Collaborate with People Operations on any training initiatives needed to sustain system improvements.
- Establish tracking and communication mechanisms to share results and improvements in a systematic and progressive way.
- Be in constant communication with global team members via Skype.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a data driven role
- Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- A love of working with data
- A self-directed learner who can pick up new technologies with minimal direction
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting rapidly-moving product and operations initiatives driven by highly collaborative teams accustomed to restructuring on the fly
- Ability to recognize trends within the company and design improvements
- Ability to interact with ease among all leadership levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Hector has led product organizations at companies of all sizes, from 20-person startups to 100K+ employee corporations, spearheading the development of new company-defining products from concept to launch as well as significantly growing existing products. He has an Electrical Engineering & Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley and began his career in engineering roles at Cisco and Veraz Networks before transitioning into lead product positions at Wyse Technologies, Dell, Loggly, and now Toptal.
- With degrees in Human Resource Management and Adult Education and a wealth of experience building HR functions from the ground up, Jen spearheads all people operations initiatives at Toptal. Having led Learning and Leadership Development at Angie's List before joining Toptal, she specializes in leadership training, talent acquisition, performance management, and launching and scaling company-wide initiatives. As the Head of People Operations, Jen is Toptal's primary culture carrier, overseeing the onboarding process for all new hires, leading the continued learning and development of all team members, and ensuring that Toptal's values remain strong as it scales.