Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The Continuous Improvement Analyst (“CIA”) will examine internal data streams and confidential documentation repositories to measure and support the quality of internal operations. The CIA will support communication quality through on-going statistical and nonstatistical sampling. Working with team members, the CIA will analyze internal operational data and support the accuracy and effectiveness of corresponding metrics. Additionally, the CIA will act as a facilitator and educator within the organization to ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources and clearly indicate final analysis and action items in regards to process improvement proposals.
- Evaluate samples of communications, or other qualitative data, in support of QA procedures.
- Develop and maintain communication QA mechanisms to share results and improvements in a systematic and progressive way.
- Analyze complex datasets; reporting findings in comprehensible high-level summaries.
- Synthesize and analyze information from various sources to identify trends, opportunities, and risks in regards to process improvement.
- Support teammates on the maintenance and follow up of internal KPI’s, suggesting additional testing procedures or related internal controls.
- Perform ad-hoc or targeted compliance audits of established business processes.
- Collaborate with People Operations on any training initiatives needed to sustain system improvements.
- Be in constant communication with global team members via Slack.
- Exceptional attention to detail. This position requires deep dives into large datasets looking for hidden insights or small errors; attention to detail is imperative.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in a data-driven role.
- Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities.
- A love of working with data.
- A self-directed learner who can pick up new technologies with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership and responsibility of tasks.
- Ability to recognize trends within the company and design improvements.
- Experience supporting rapidly-moving product and operations initiatives driven by highly collaborative teams accustomed to restructuring on the fly.
- Ability to interact with ease among all leadership levels within the organization.
- Superior spreadsheet skills (Sheets/Excel/etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with SQL or other querying languages preferred.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization programs preferred.
- QA, IA, or control testing experience preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.
- As Toptal's VP of Sales, Mark ensures Toptal's clients always enjoy on-demand, white-glove service for their talent needs. As a former Linux HPC engineer and technical sales lead, Mark takes an analytical, results-driven approach to building the sales teams, infrastructure, and processes necessary to both maintain quality, customized client relationships at scale and to ensure that new clients are seamlessly onboarded to the Toptal service. Mark has a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- As the CIA at Toptal, Steve helps ensure high-quality operations through investigative data analysis, process improvements, forensic and compliance audits, and training. In this position, Steve continues to build upon his strong analytical skills, first developed while working a variety of roles in the consulting and health insurance sectors.