Copywriter - Internationally-Based Applicants
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
This is a remote position.
We are looking for a Copywriter to be responsible for authoring a wide variety of content for Toptal.
As part of our Creative Team, you will write a wide variety of materials, like sales collateral, presentation decks, emails, search ads, and case studies, that are compelling, highly engaging, and reflect clear thinking and analysis that draws readers in and inspires action. You will work with your Creative Director, Strategists, Sales and Revenue professionals, and Designers to ensure all work is accurate and engaging. Your work will target both SMB and Enterprise audiences, and you should be adept at adapting your copy to be insightful and solution-oriented for both targets.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Author unique, compelling materials that support Toptal’s goals and inspire action.
- Align with subject matter experts to understand and communicate Toptal’s services in multiple industries.
- Craft and refine client-focused presentations to empower sales teams.
- Independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication, often under tight deadlines.
- Elevate the quality of Toptal’s copy, including one-pagers focused on industries, competencies, and solutions; sales presentations and slides; one-page case studies, and more.
- Work with your Creative Director and other team members to ensure all content adheres to Toptal style, voice, and tone guidelines.
- Frequently update existing content to ensure it is current and relevant.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Occasionally interview clients for case studies.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the other members of the Creative team.
- Meet key stakeholders from the Marketing Department.
- Begin to learn the high-level principles of Toptal’s brand voice and messaging strategy.
- Immerse yourself in your first writing projects.
- Integrate yourself into the Marketing function.
In the first month, expect to:
- Explore Toptal’s Customer tools and resources and understand how they’re used.
- Complete several Customer writing projects and get a better feel for the types of work you’ll be doing.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Have finished several initiatives that you’ll be proud of.
- Identify areas for improvement.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Enhance existing processes while implementing new ideas and initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting.
- Experience writing for B2B Marketing and Sales teams.
- A strong creative mind and the ability to connect business strategies to creative writing.
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling stories to educate and inspire decision-makers across key industry verticals.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements to author copy that meets their needs and vision.
- Exceptional clarity of thought in communication and analysis.
- A strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work closely with Designers to ensure the work conveys key messages.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and incorporate feedback to arrive at the best possible outcome.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.