Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you passionate about writing and brand-building? Toptal’s Content Marketing team is looking for a Copywriter that will be able to generate highly imaginative and inspiring marketing campaigns. The Copywriter will be an integral part of a growing in-house creative team that will elevate the quality and creativity of all marketing activities.
Reporting into the Creative Director, this role will partner with an Art Director to concept and lead the production of a myriad of marketing materials, including both brand-building and sales-generating campaigns. This role is expected to consistently deliver conceptual, creative ideas and execute them with perfection, helping ensure the voice and tone of the Toptal brand is heard through every word. The role requires both a ‘thinker’ and a ‘doer,” conceptualizing the overall creative ideas and leading the execution of those ideas. If you are passionate about creating innovative and inspiring copy, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- In partnership with an Art Director, develop conceptual creative ideas and write copy for marketing campaigns, across all channels and platforms, in a way that fosters integration. This includes but is not limited to brand, lead generation, social media and email campaigns.
Ensure all copy has a strong brand point of view and a consistent tone and voice reflective of the Toptal brand.
- Present work amongst the core team as well as cross-functional partners with eloquence and passion.
- Ensure perfection in the execution of marketing assets with comprehensive editing and proofreading.
- Assist the Creative Director with the creative and production process for all projects.
- Work closely with the Brand Management team to understand marketing challenges, creative briefs, and audience insights.
- Proactively develop creative ideas that can increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Self-manage your workload to deliver all projects on time and in full.
In the first week, expect to:
- Start to meet with the team leads from all Content Marketing teams.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal and the Content Marketing team by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin to work on a wide range of creative projects, developing conceptual ideas and writing all copy, with an emphasis on lead generation and organic social media campaigns.
- Begin the process of codifying the brand’s tone and voice, with proof of concept across a variety of marketing assets.
- Begin to help oversee creative projects in production.
- Begin creative development on a brand campaign.
- Audit existing copy used in marketing campaigns and begin optimizing assets.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully complete a series of organic social media and lead generation campaigns.
- Present brand campaign ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Complete the codification of the Toptal tone and voice.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Complete the production of a large-scale brand campaign.
- Continually be optimizing existing campaigns for maximum creative effectiveness.
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Be recognized as a creative force within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and advice.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be seen as an integral member of the creative team at the company for all things related to the brand, pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling them.
- 4+ years of experience working as a copywriter in an agency or in-house marketing team.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality campaign creative through strong conceptual ideas and exceptional production/execution.
- Demonstrated ability to craft clean, thoughtful copy in a distinct brand voice.
- Experience in brand-building initiatives, including (but not limited to) creating highly engaging digital and social experiences.
- Experience with lead generation advertising campaigns (preferably B2B).
- Experience working in a fast-moving, cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative and team oriented approach.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or relevant field.
- A portfolio featuring a range of creative and integrated campaigns, a diversity of ideas, and approaches to problem solving.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.