Creative Traffic Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an organized, adaptable, and experienced Creative Traffic Manager to support our Creative team. Reporting to the Creative Operations Lead, you will help plan and manage the incoming creative projects. You will be expected to assign creatives to projects, manage the workload, maintain an accurate timeline for projects as well as maintaining all projects in our project management and workflow tool. We are looking for someone who is organized and a professional self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
As the Creative Traffic Manager, you will communicate weekly updates and reports to the team identifying projects that are missing critical information, overdue or behind schedule, or otherwise impacted. This role also has responsibility for quality assurance, proactively identifying any issues with content, design, non-adherence to brand standards or other edits that may be needed.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Traffic and monitor projects through the project management platform and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Make sure expected timelines and milestones are clearly indicated in digital work tickets, lead communication, and escalate issues to stakeholders.
- Monitor team bandwidth and work with team leads to staff appropriately for high-priority projects.
- Review all briefs to ensure that all necessary information is provided before assigning to the creatives.
- As needed, help facilitate account/creative check-ins to monitor work-in-progress, establish priorities, adjust schedules and ensure successful project completion.
- Create and optimize processes that will improve the overall efficiency of the creative development process and communication within the creative department and cross-functional teams.
- Experience with managing a DAM is a plus.
In the first week, expect to:
- Get the lay of the land and have a lot of Zoom coffees.
- Start to meet with the team leads.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Be able to read and understand the requests coming in.
- Be comfortable assigning creatives to projects.
- Hold weekly status meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Set up kick-off meetings for the team and take meeting notes.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Proactively, efficiently, and independently traffic multiple projects.
- Help with the team transition to a new project management platform.
- Identify areas of improvement in the workflow.
- Own process training and onboarding.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Own the project management platform workflow.
- Help maintain the DAM.
- Be able to plan timelines for multiple projects for each quarter.
In the first year, expect to:
- Take a critical look at the process, streamline and optimize it.
- Identify clear ways to improve team efficiency.
- Continue to take on additional responsibilities.
- 3+ years of traffic or project management experience with a design studio, creative department, or advertising agency.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with deadlines and last-minute requests, with a clear understanding of how to prioritize work.
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Welcome, Trello, Asana, Monday, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate requirements; Highly responsive.
- Organized, detail-oriented, stays cool under pressure, and relationship builder.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.