Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Project Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Sales and Projects teams to secure new clients, scope custom software projects, and plan resources. You will be the primary point of contact for new clients and will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships in both the SMB and the Enterprise space.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering digital products and a solid understanding of software development using Agile methodologies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world.
- Manage multiple remote cross-functional custom software delivery teams to oversee projects from inception through delivery.
- Work with the Sales teams to secure new clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Operations team to identify and secure project managers, software developers, designers, and finance experts that ensure the right combination of expertise and skill set for each client project.
- Manage a team of Toptal project managers.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client custom software projects as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with the appropriate teams at Toptal to fully resolve any client issues that may arise during an engagement.
- Build long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with all clients.
- Work with the Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling, including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Zoom and/or Slack.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet colleagues in our Sales, Talent, and Operational teams to begin your onboarding journey.
In the first month you will:
- Learn about our delivery model, shadow colleagues on existing engagements, and begin leading project pursuits.
In the first three months you will:
- Lead project kickoffs with teams you have built from our talent network.
- Build relationships with new clients and serve as their trusted advisor.
In the first six months you will:
- Launch exciting new software products for clients around the world.
In the first year you will:
- Have established your own go-to teams of software development professionals, established a portfolio of ongoing delivery initiatives, and learned more about digital product development than you could with any other company.
- 3+ years of experience working in technology consulting or software delivery management.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development.
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager using Agile methodologies.
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #south #northeast #ustech #itntlenglish #europe
Anywhere (full remote)