Demand Generation Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you a results-oriented, growth marketing professional with a consistent history of driving impact in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? We are looking for an experienced enterprise B2B marketer to create and execute Toptal’s demand generation program! Your responsibilities include setting strategy, developing forecasts, evaluating appropriate budget levels, and measuring results. As Toptal’s B2B Demand Generation Manager, you will be in constant communication with the Sales & Growth teams to drive new and nurtured lead performance results. You’ll be collaborating cross-functionally with a team of digital marketing professionals to build and improve strategies.
Our Growth Team is a high-performing, analytical team of growth marketers and product managers fueling Toptal’s bottom-line revenue. We work across digital marketing, growth product management, and analytics to acquire high-quality inbound clients. We apply a scientific method of problem identification, hypothesis building, ambitious experimentation, measurement, and rapid iteration to our daily activities. This role will have a lot of interaction with Salesforce, so CRM experience is required.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Developing a Service Level Agreement between Sales and Growth Marketing.
- Defining a demand generation strategy, focused on inbound.
- Driving awareness, consideration and purchase intent across multiple channels including email, paid programs, ABM, and virtual events.
- Working with team members in Sales as well as Growth to define the right customer segments to target.
- Developing Key Performance Indicators and processes to monitor and optimize campaigns and programs.
- Developing customer personas.
- Assisting in content development to map the right content to each stage of the customer journey for each buyer persona.
- Working with a group of digital and growth marketing professionals and collaborating with other departments to develop and enhance strategies.
- Building consensus and budget support from senior leadership and business partners.
- Delivering performance reports to leadership and departments you partner with.
- Connecting with marketing, executive staff, and sales management on an ongoing basis regarding performance results for new and nurtured leads.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with the Growth team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Have a clear understanding of our buyer personas and customer lifecycle.
- Setup a strategy for demand generation.
- Prepare needed resources in order to execute your strategy.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch the strategy.
- Monitor and report progress on a weekly basis.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Demonstrate revenue generated from your program.
- Optimize your strategy.
In the first year, expect to:
- Scale-up demand generation efforts so that it becomes a significant source of revenue to the company.
- 3+ years’ experience in B2B demand generation with demonstrated lead, pipeline and revenue growth.
- Strong experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce).
- 3+ years’ people management experience, with strong organization health scores.
- Deep industry knowledge of cutting edge demand generation methods, including crafting a funnel, nurture strategies, digital, online, and live events.
- Proven track record of acquiring customers and growing brand presence through innovative ways and execution.
- Analytically-minded decision-maker, with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive key marketing strategies and decisions.
- A person who looks beyond just the marketing domain to help drive analytical insights that help the company expand and target key market segments, drive pipeline velocity and contribute to the company’s overall go to market strategy.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.