Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Toptal Design Matcher, you will be working directly with Toptal’s clients to understand their needs, custom-match them with designers from our talent network, and provide support during the matching process, throughout the engagement, and beyond.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Gather requirements and consult with clients to ensure needs are understood.
- Define job descriptions, talent responsibilities, and requirements.
- Search talent profiles, shortlist candidates and send availability requests.
- Confirm talent availability, screen job applications, and select candidates.
- Introduce candidates to clients communicating technical and cultural fit.
- Customize talent rates, adjust commitment types, and schedule engagement dates.
- Obtain feedback on talent and maintain detailed platform documentation.
- Provide advice and guidance to designers in the network.
- Investigate disputes and collaborate cross-functionally in the resolution process.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
- Shadow matching calls with key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take on your first clients and manage their engagement with Toptal.
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with the talent and address their needs.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top tier brands and clients. With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own minor process adjustments.
- Full-time availability.
- Exceptional understanding and critical eye for design.
- Established background within the design industry.
- Ability to quickly adopt new processes and technologies.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who can execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.