Designer, Direct Response Team
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you a visual master at your craft, capable of taking a good idea and making it truly exceptional? Toptal’s creative group is looking for a Designer for our Direct Response team who will be responsible for combining fresh ideas with amazing design into high-impact performance marketing that drives massive revenue. You will collaborate with Copywriters, other Designers, Strategists, and cross-functional teams to develop creative and oversee projects through execution.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- In partnership with a Copywriter, work with Creative Directors, and the Design team to deliver high-converting ad design.
- Ensure all visual expressions of the brand have a strong brand point of view and a consistent look and feel reflective of the Toptal brand.
- Ensure perfection in the execution of marketing assets with high production value.
- Proactively develop creative ideas that can increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Self-manage workload to deliver all projects on time and in full.
- Work with Media Buyers and Strategists to create content throughout the sales funnel as needed.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products and services to ensure that the work is cohesive and pushes the brand forward.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the creative process.
- Present work to stakeholders.
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy and developing initial concepts.
- Work with Project Managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for the brand.
- Communicate a point of view on design trends and actively bring those references and trends to the team.
In the first week, expect to:
- Get the lay of the land and have a lot of Zoom coffees.
- Start to meet with the team leads.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin to work on a wide range of direct response/performance projects, with an emphasis on lead generation and conversion.
- Begin to help oversee creative projects in production.
- Audit existing designs used in marketing campaigns and begin optimizing assets.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully complete a series of lead generation/conversion campaigns.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Continually be optimizing existing campaigns for maximum creative effectiveness.
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Be recognized as a creative force within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and advice.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be seen as an integral member of the Creative team at the company for all things related to revenue and talent lead generation, pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling our direct response campaigns.
- 5+ years of experience as a Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Online portfolio featuring dynamic direct response campaigns in digital, social, and/or traditional mediums.
- In-house DR design, or data-backed experience as a DR designer a plus.
- Intensive research experience using primary sources.
- Fast-paced, high-volume output.
- Willing to take (and apply) constructive feedback.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver on-brand, on-brief design with little oversight.
- A strong understanding of marketing and content channels and ability to adapt the design to fit the needs of the audience and/or platform.
- Great taste, instincts, and knowledge of brand trends.
- Ability to present and sell work to stakeholders.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Customer-focused thinking.
- Natural communicator, both verbally and visually.
- Extremely organized, a keeper of information, and someone who takes copious notes.
- A natural builder. Someone who loves a work-in-progress.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.