Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Digital Marketing Manager on Toptal’s Publications Team, you’ll be responsible for developing, executing, and measuring the growth strategy for several of Toptal’s world-class publications across development, design, finance, project management, and more.
You will work in an entirely distributed company and be able to interface with experts across a wide range of domains. You’ll be working closely with the Head of Publications alongside other experts across SEO, social media, and other distribution channels to maximize the impact of high-quality articles. This is a strategic role with an analytical foundation where you will get to create and execute a vision.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will be essential in building a robust strategy for growing the impact of Toptal’s publications. Your efforts will have direct and measurable impact to the team and the company. You will be responsible for working with experts in defining the strategy, but also be the individual to implement and scale experiments.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal’s Publications team and its purpose/impact at the company.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Be trained on current distribution approaches.
- Work directly with experts on the team to build your growth and marketing skills.
- Begin to develop a set of tests to expand the impact of various publications and then test out these hypotheses.
In the first three months you will:
- Develop a more comprehensive strategy for the distribution of each individual publication.
- Execute on various tests across each publication, ensuring we’re maximizing reach without compromising our target audience.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends and provide intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Help to scale the impact of the distribution function within the Publications team.
In the first year you will:
- Work closely with other teams across the company to maximize the synergies and impact of the team (PR, events, community, etc.).
- 3+ years of professional experience with an analytical background. Must have experience in organic and paid channels. Beneficial to have experience across marketing.
- Intermediate experience in analytics with experience designing AB testing and other channel experiments.
- Beneficial to have experience distributing or promoting professional content.
- You must be a self-starter. You will have mentors on the team to help you learn new skills, but you’re expected to find opportunities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
Anywhere (full remote)