Performance Marketing Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager with a data-driven mindset. This person will be a pivotal part of the Paid Media team. In this role, you will own the creation of multiple digital marketing channels with the goal of acquiring additional quality client leads who are looking to tap into Toptal’s highly-skilled freelancers and also to drive additional freelancers into Toptal’s community. You will be responsible for channel strategy, execution, and analysis of one of Toptal’s new marketing channels to drive growth.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Create and/or enhance new digital marketing channels (E.g., Display, Paid Social, Online Video, Affiliates) for Toptal with a goal of efficiently driving high-potential prospective clients and freelancers.
- Responsible for channel budget and own all day-to-day operations, from channel strategy to partner onboarding, relationship management, execution, analysis, measurement and reporting.
- Create a test agenda to drive scale through continuous efficiency improvements and scalability testing.
- Analyze tests in the market and provide future test recommendations.
- Work with external vendors and members of Performance Marketing, Growth, Product, Creative, and Analytics teams to maximize the value provided by digital marketing channels.
- Ensure the channel is managed and tracked in compliance with all applicable laws.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal. Meet with the teams and people you will have working relationships with.
- Work closely with the Director of Paid Media to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the Paid Media team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with our current Paid Media strategies and areas for growth.
- Have a good understanding of Toptal’s historical Paid Media performance, including seasonal trends and major past experiments.
- Develop an understanding of the niche opportunities in Toptal’s verticals.
- Take ownership of parts of one digital marketing channel you will be owning by developing the channel strategy.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Launch and evaluate your own ideas through one or more digital marketing channels.
- Deliver successful growth marketing strategies that can be further iterated and replicated.
- Work closely with other teams on cross-channel initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Paid Media team’s growth process.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Demonstrate efficient growth in one or more digital marketing channels.
- Create and maintain new, structured processes that improves the pace of testing in the channel.
- Become Toptal’s expert in all things related to managing digital marketing channels. You will be one of the primary roles that is expected to generate company revenue and maintain the company’s hypergrowth.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be a success story in the Paid Media team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact and export templates of growth to other parts of the Marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Expertise in Digital Marketing with 3+ years of experience managing annual budgets in excess of $3M.
- Experience in the end-to-end ideation, implementation, analysis, and promotion of growth strategies.
- Experience in the day-to-day management of search campaigns with a focus on long-term performance and improving cost efficiency.
- Experience with A/B testing strategies.
- Experience with summarizing results into slide decks.
- Experience presenting to large teams and executives.
- Impeccable writing and communication skills in English.
- Experience working with a number of stakeholders, both internal and external, across time zones and geographies.
- Comfort with a fast-paced and often rapidly-changing environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn, and an obsession with growth performance.
- Bonus: Experience with B2B growth marketing (longer revenue funnels).
- Bonus: Familiarity with the software engineering industry.
- Bonus: Experience analyzing complex data or familiarity with web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics.
- This is a remote position that requires a motivated self-starter. No one will monitor your working hours but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver results.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.