Director, Client Experience
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As our Director of Client Experience, you will be responsible for the end-to-end journey of every client that wishes to partner with Toptal. You will help our clients have a world-class experience, developing new processes and programs that strive for excellence that encompasses every interaction that our customers have with our organization. As someone who is highly analytical in nature, a data-driven approach will be leveraged in any and all initiatives that you lead or support.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As the leader of this function, you will develop and execute programs and initiatives that will elevate the experience of the customer journey for new and existing clients, ensuring that our clients are increasingly satisfied with Toptal. Examples of upcoming focal points of these programs include:
- Design, implement and run the Voice of the Client (VoC) program.
- Design and implement a client experience feedback framework to evaluate and measure client perception and drive on-going improvement efforts.
- Serve as the primary business owner for the CX platform implementation and associated processes.
- Mobilize and manage a cross-functional team. Identify change agents across the organization.
- Develop CX team members to expand the circles of expertise.
- Set the client experience vision and strategy in alignment with the company business and brand strategy.
- Communicate the CX strategy to guide improvement decisions and prioritization in the organization.
Measure, Listen, Learn, Act:
- Create a shared understanding of our clients, the outcomes they are solving for, their needs, wants, perceptions, and preferences through the collection and analysis of the voice of the client information to generate actionable insights.
- Work across the organization to create and report metrics to measure the client experience and include these metrics in ongoing reviews that drive decision-making.
- Leverage CX measurement efforts to obtain insights across the end-to-end client lifecycle and use them to form client experience improvement recommendations.
- Develop the financial model that quantifies and illustrates the business value and ROI of investing in customer experience.
- Design client experiences and interactions that meet their needs and preferences and align with the Toptal brand promise.
- CX assessment through survey and other listening posts.
- CX strategy that is aligned with corporate strategy.
- CX transformation plan including pilots, education, communication, training, engagement, approach on ways of working, metrics, and reviews/readouts.
- Quarterly Client Experience progress reports through CX reviews and readouts.
- Ongoing coaching across the organization.
Strong partnerships and cross-collaboration with other functions and teams at Toptal (such as Talent Supply, Matching, Legal, Finance, Product & Brand Marketing) and consideration of valuable feedback loops will be vital to maximizing the impact of the team. Your success will be measured by exceeding established KPIs designed to meet our high standards for a world-class customer experience.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
- Gain a meaningful understanding of the roles and priorities of key business partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete a current state assessment of the structure and functions that define the Client Experience program.
- Work with the Head of Enterprise Client Services to shape the Voice of the Client (VoC) framework.
- Develop client experience dashboards to accurately assess the current client experience
- Align on critical metrics to measure impact, quality, and success. Define/refine KPIs as measures of talent quality and team success.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Use a data-driven approach to identify client experience improvement opportunities in our organization with an emphasis on retention and growth.
- Create an initial CX transformation roadmap including test and learn pilots, improvement initiatives, communication, metrics, and internal read-outs
In the first six months, expect to:
- Leverage KPIs, metrics, and lessons learned to continue to iterate and improve upon our CX efforts.
- Manage a small team of elite individuals to help you achieve this goal.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing, coaching, and leading a global team, providing motivation and clear direction to meet expectations by instilling accountability for quality, sense of urgency, and deepening of talent relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize forecasting tools to inform capacity planning and set priorities and strategic direction.
- Capable of developing and championing a compelling point of view around best practices and emerging trends.
- Relentless in your creative approach of clearing obstacles while innovating around solutions.
- Thrives as a structured and methodical builder and executor of initiatives from end to end, with deep experience ideating, building strategies and business cases, launching the plan, execution of the program, and management of post-mortem and maintenance modes.
- Self-motivated and directed, comfortable with ambiguity while possessing a “can-do” attitude.
- Accustomed to working in a metrics-driven environment and successful in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations.
- Experience working with executive-level stakeholders to shape programs from high-level objectives and problem areas.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.