Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Director of Affiliate Marketing, you will be responsible for building and scaling Toptal’s Affiliate Marketing Team, driving strategy, setting priorities, building technology and infrastructure, growing a world-class team, and delivering on ambitious affiliate marketing & associated revenue goals. You will help grow the company’s revenue base by working at the intersection of business development, technology, data, analytics, and marketing. You will have ownership of all online affiliate marketing programs, partners, and outcomes worldwide. The overall opportunity for affiliate marketing at Toptal is large, given that Toptal’s “Talent Economy” is valued at over $1 trillion across related industry categories.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with Toptal’s Executive, Marketing, and Sales Teams, as well as other key stakeholders across the company to set and execute the affiliate marketing strategy and roadmap for Toptal.
- Map the online landscape for both high-value/high-volume managed affiliate account opportunities and long-tail affiliates.
- Develop financial models and review competitive reference points to determine effective commission structures for both managed affiliate accounts and long tail affiliates.
- Make recommendations on affiliate marketing platforms and tools to utilize.
- Determine the KPIs and build the dashboards to track, optimize, and report on affiliate marketing goals and progress.
- Build affiliate channel lead generation, conversion, and revenue projections, and align yourself and the team you build around weekly and quarterly goals to meet those projections.
- Drive initial business development activities (and ultimately hire a team of affiliate marketing representatives) to sign up and manage affiliate partners across our target industries, verticals, and online properties.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the organization on affiliate marketing strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack, Zoom, and other means.
- 7-10 years of experience in digital performance marketing, partner marketing, and related disciplines, with 4+ years of experience directly managing multi-million dollar revenue online affiliate marketing programs.
- You must have a strong, analytical, and data-driven background, including direct experience with marketing analytics and digital performance marketing.
- Demonstrated experience growing lead generation and revenue within a B2B technology or services company.
- A lean, data-driven, process and KPI-oriented mentality is critical.
- You must have a strong bias for action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a young, hypergrowth company while building and leading a team of affiliate marketing, analytics, and account management experts.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.