Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal’s Director of Brand Marketing, you will be essential in building a world-class brand marketing function to drive awareness of Toptal and all we have to offer. You’ll partner with the Vice President of Brand Marketing to develop and execute a company brand strategy and will collaborate with key partners, including PR, Events, Design, Content, Enterprise, and Growth, to develop our communications and tactical plans to achieve our marketing goals.
You should have experience in traditional 360 brand marketing and advertising, as well as the ability to think outside of the box to create unique, guerilla, experiential, and digital experiences. You will become the brand expert helping teams bring the brand to life through our strategies, messaging, brand guidelines, experiences, etc.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Collaborate with fast-paced teams across Toptal to develop and execute marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders.
- Develop the processes, guidelines, and quality standards needed to execute and scale the production of world-class content and campaigns.
- Work with designers, writers, and developers to deliver top-quality marketing tactics, landing pages, and other tangible deliverables.
- Partner with Enterprise and SMB teams to define opportunities to help solve our client’s business challenges and create content that positions Toptal as the thought leader in the Future of Work space.
- Develop messaging frameworks to craft our priority messages for our key audiences: Enterprise and SMB clients, talent network, media, etc.
- Build a high-performing marketing team that scales to match Toptal’s rapid growth.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Start to meet with the team leads from all Brand Marketing teams.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard onto the Brand team by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month you will:
- Meet with other SLT (senior leadership team) peers and Executive leads to get an overview of our full business, team structures, and opportunities.
- Conduct a competitive analysis to understand our strategic white space and opportunities to stand out.
- Work with the VP of Brand Marketing to analyze and understand the function’s key KPIs, along with how these are monitored and impacted.
- Integrate yourself into the Brand Marketing function team.
- Begin to kick-off initiatives to help drive our marketing objectives, by developing creative briefs and briefing creative and production teams accordingly.
In the first three months you will:
- Work closely with other teams across the company (PR, Events, Growth, Enterprise, SMB, etc.) to establish new long-term initiatives to scale the impact of all teams.
- Launch your first initiative to drive awareness of Toptal with the Enterprise audience.
- Brainstorm unique initiatives and ideas to break through with the Enterprise and SMB audiences.
- Partner with the VP of Brand Marketing to audit marketing and sales communications to determine what’s on or off-brand, and begin updating off-brand tactics as needed.
In the first six months you will:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Be seen as a brand leader within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and guidance on branding.
- Launch a brand tracking study to measure and analyze our awareness and perception over time with our target audiences.
In the first year you will:
- Run and continuously scale full-fledged communications/campaigns, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of each publication.
- Be seen as an expert at the company for all things related to Brand, including the team’s structure, processes, resources, KPIs, and initiatives.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including direct experience developing and executing marketing strategies, communications plans, and 360 campaign creation (including video, OOH/print, email, events, websites, digital, social, etc.).
- Experience as a strategic planner or strategist is a plus.
- Agency experience working with multiple clients is a plus.
- Experience delivering marketing materials (case studies, white papers, etc.) for B2B professional services is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing tactics and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- You must be extremely driven by the prospect of building a high-performing marketing function that scales with Toptal over time.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to establish processes in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution and quality.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #south #northeast #ustech #canada
United States, Canada