Director of Growth Marketing Operations
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Director of Growth Marketing Operations to lead the execution of our Growth Marketing strategy. This newly created position will report directly to our VP of Growth and will ensure optimal outcomes through tight-knit collaboration with our Sales, Brand, Talent Operations, and Growth teams. Are you a results-oriented marketing professional with a consistent history of driving growth in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? If so, we encourage you to apply! This Director will join our data-driven, analytical team of growth marketers and product managers who are responsible for fueling Toptal’s bottom line revenue growth and accountable for acquiring high-quality inbound clients and talent to our network. As Director of Growth Marketing Operations, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of our Growth Marketing strategy. This entails implementing frameworks to coordinate our campaigns from end to end, managing current assets, and measuring the Return on Investment, all for both our client and talent acquisition funnels. Your strong analytical skills will contribute to our team’s operating principles, as we apply a scientific method of problem identification, hypothesis building, results-oriented experimentation, measurement, and rapid iteration to our daily activities.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Facilitate the seamless execution of all growth marketing initiatives throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Oversee the implementation of the growth marketing strategy and assist with the development of overall direction.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate with partners and stakeholders to drive effective marketing plans, the promotional calendar, new product introductions, and other marketing projects.
- Define and execute a demand research strategy.
- Manage existing marketing assets to maintain and/or optimize their effectiveness.
- Analyze the lead flows and workflows to achieve the department’s goals.
- Design and conduct customer research studies.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets.
- Develop sales forecasting and goals.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the efficiency and return on investment of marketing initiatives and programs, and maintain data quality of the marketing database.
- Prepare and present marketing initiative updates for monthly business reviews.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with the Growth team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
In the first month, expect to:
- Become familiar with all cross-team growth marketing initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Take ownership of the coordination of all growth marketing initiatives.
- Monitor and report progress on a weekly basis.
- Push projects to completion.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Analyze the return on investment of our marketing programs.
- Optimize the marketing budget.
- Develop new marketing ideas and insights.
In the first year, expect to:
- Prepare the forecast for the following year.
- Collaborate with the VP of Growth and other Executives to create our Growth strategy for the following year.
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing.
- 5+ years of people management experience, with strong organization health scores.
- Strong collaborator with a track record of success in bringing together the ideas of multiple stakeholders.
- Analytically-minded decision-maker, with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive key marketing strategies and decisions.
- Deep industry knowledge of cutting edge demand generation methods, including crafting a funnel, nurture strategies, digital, online, and live events.
- Proven track record of acquiring customers and growing brand presence through innovative ways and execution.
- Track record of reaching beyond the marketing domain to help drive analytical insights that help the company expand and target key market segments, drive pipeline velocity and contribute to the company’s overall go to market strategy.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.