Director of Partnerships
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Interested in becoming part of Toptal’s incredible growth and help the world’s top companies change the way they form teams and adapt to the Future of Work? Our Partnerships team is growing, and we’re looking for a hardworking Director to advance Toptal’s status with our technology partners and their field teams, in order to scale our co-selling efforts! The successful candidate will be a strategic leader, capable of building a plan and executing it.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Developing and leading Toptal’s strategic technology partnership initiatives will be your top priority. You will develop, negotiate, implement and oversee new and existing strategic partnerships. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and maintaining a variety of large-scale business development initiatives.
- Identify large organizations that are strategically well-positioned to accelerate our growth with enterprise customers and develop strong, long-term partnerships with relevant parties at these companies.
- Close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals, speed, and economic potential.
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial benefits and risks of new partnerships.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on partnership initiatives.
In the first week expect to:
- Onboard into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a heavy focus on how both Enterprise sales, and our Partnerships team, operate at Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Shadow essential teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities, including Marketing, Talent Operations, and SMB.
In the first month expect to:
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can use our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
- Understand our current partnerships and existing relationships.
In the first three months expect to:
- Understand the project landscape within existing accounts.
- Start expanding our existing partnership into relevant strategic partnerships.
- Support and drive co-selling efforts at enterprise clients with our key partners
- Begin to define the Toptal Partnership strategy and identify target partnerships to establish.
In the first six months expect to:
- Cement relationships with our internal enterprise sales and client services teams.
- Begin to execute and integrate new partnerships.
- Establish new partner field relationships.
In the first year expect to:
- Oversee the growth and development of Toptal’s strategic Cloud partnerships.
- Have established two or three new strategic technology partnerships in the ERP space.
- Begin planning for the new year.
- A strong history of leadership in planning and closing deals with enterprise-level companies.
- Ability to identify, meet, and build relationships with key stakeholders at companies strategically positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth.
- You must be an energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward technology partnerships.
- An exceptional understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise.
- Outstanding ability to envision, clearly define, and execute channel partnership. opportunities that are mutually beneficial on a long-term basis.
- Experience facilitating partnerships across multiple industries.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.