Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will closely be involved with several other teams such as Sales, Client Experience, and Talent Acquisition to grow Toptal’s Product & Project Manager network. Interacting on a daily basis with product and project managers in Toptal’s talent network, you will be responsible for maintaining the network’s integrity and quality while also helping talent from every corner of the world find their dream job. Being central to Toptal’s operations you will also be the owner of feedback for product development and operational processes around the entire Talent Operations function.
As a Director of Product & Project Management, you will be the direct link between the Top PM/PDMs that pass our screening process and the clients that are looking to engage them. On a daily basis, you will work closely with multiple Toptal clients on understanding their requirements and needs and finding the best possible candidate for them inside Toptal’s talent network. You will also ensure talent and clients are working together successfully.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
- Shadow matching calls with the current vertical leads in PM & PDM.
In the first month you will:
- Take on your first clients and manage their engagement with Toptal.
- Become familiar with various teams in Toptal and understand how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with the talent and address their needs.
In the first three months you will:
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months you will:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top tier brands and clients.
- With a full grasp of the role, you will start making your own minor process adjustments.
- You must have a product and/or project management background.
- You have excellent communication skills. You are very comfortable using different types of communication (voice, video, email, chat) on a daily basis. You are a strong communicator.
- You take ownership and responsibility for the work you do.
- You focus on quality and take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You are comfortable juggling dozens of clients and talent on a daily basis and don’t get your wires crossed.
- You must be able to multitask and think strategically to connect the dots between opportunities and available resources/capabilities across the network.
- You must have integrity, at the highest level. You must be able to exercise good judgment in novel situations.
- You must have a growth mindset and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism. You must be an exceptional performer in high-pressure situations.
- You must have tremendous emotional intelligence, including exceptional foresight and judgment.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- You must be extremely resourceful and creative, capable of solving difficult, critical problems by leveraging the extensive resources of the Toptal organization.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: LI-DNI