Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Director of Talent Screening, you will lead the strategy and execution for ensuring an extraordinarily high-quality freelancer talent community exists to enable Toptal to meet the needs of our clients across multiple verticals. Leading global teams, you will maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of processes for screening and vetting talent. Your collaboration with multiple business units and team leaders will establish effective feedback loops to scale or slow the talent screening pipeline. Success in this role will require balancing our standards for quality while meeting the forecasted demand across multiple industries and verticals.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for building and executing a strategy to effectively screen talent to meet the speed and quality expectations of our clients while ensuring all potential talent have a world-class experience. Through careful resource and capacity planning, you will make certain that prioritized talent pipelines remain high-quality under conditions of heavy growth or new vertical expansion.
Your role will require you to lead, train, and coach a global team to ensure timely and quality screening practices across multiple time zones. You will collaboratively develop and track adherence to standard operating procedures and frameworks that provide Toptal with uniform screening processes. Controls will be built to ensure that processes are not circumvented.
Your success will be measured by exceeding established KPIs designed to ensure that our high standards for speed and quality are consistently met.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Complete a current-state assessment of the structure and functions that define Talent Screening.
- Work with the VP of Talent Operations to review and update Quarterly OKRs for the Talent Screening function.
- Define/refine KPIs as measures of talent quality and team success.
In the first three months you will:
- Begin to assess, develop strategies, and execute upon a new structure for efficiently screening talent under multiple-vertical and specialization scenarios.
- Gain a deep understanding of the supply/demand dynamics within Toptal to assist with prioritization of screening activities and optimal capacity planning.
- Begin to explore processes and structures that will support expertise in vetting talent under scenarios of an expanded number of verticals.
- Evaluate and expand training resources for the Screening team.
In the first six months you will:
- Optimize the structure, processes, and execution of the Screening team.
- Develop capacity planning models to ensure the team can achieve a healthy pipeline of high-quality talent in relationship to our supply/demand models and forecasting future needs.
- Stabilize and adapt screening strategies and processes to accommodate expanding verticals.
- Successfully utilize demand forecasting and supply reporting and metrics to direct Screening prioritization efforts.
In the first year you will:
- Strengthen the infrastructure within the Talent Screening team for long-term scalability and client satisfaction in a constantly evolving work environment.
- At least 5 years experience in evaluating and screening talent for targeted roles across multiple skillset verticals.
- At least 3 years managing and coaching a successful talent acquisition or evaluation team in a global and multi-time zone environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize forecasting tools to inform capacity planning and set priorities and strategic direction for a talent screening team to ensure a healthy pipeline of quality candidates to meet client demand.
- Accustomed to working in a metrics-driven environment and success in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations.
- Ability to lead a global team, providing motivation and clear direction to meet expectations by instilling accountability for quality and a sense of urgency.
- Solid background and expertise in talent evaluation techniques, including skill assessments and cultural fit.
- General knowledge of skills and attributes required of candidates being screened for Developer, Designer, Finance, Project Management, Product Management, and Marketing roles.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #smbeast #europe #canada
Anywhere (full remote)