Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will lead the strategy and execution for targeted growth of our freelancer talent community in order to meet the needs of our client demand across multiple verticals with both speed and quality. You will work cross-functionally with a number of stakeholders to monitor and respond to shortages/surpluses in our supply of in-network freelance talent. You will develop systems to help us become more efficient in how we recruit and retain freelance talent and provide data visibility around our existing talent pools. The optimal processes and feedback loops you develop will lead to a healthy talent supply.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for building and executing a strategy to effectively acquire talent to meet the speed and quality expectations of our clients. Your strategic and analytical thinking will contribute to the formulation of unique solutions to streamline processes that result in efficient means to acquire and source talent under expanding vertical and specialization scenarios.
Your role will require you to lead a global team and experiment with different methods of talent acquisition to match the spectrum and complexities spanning both routine and job-specific sourcing. You will develop and refine the frameworks that enable Talent Acquisition to swiftly respond to shortages/surpluses of the talent supply.
You will lead our sourcing team and collaborate with our screening teams to optimize the supply chain for sourced talent. Leveraging our Growth team and developing strong relationships with our VPs of Enterprise and Sales will be critical to meeting company objectives.
Your success will be measured by exceeding established KPIs designed to ensure that our high standards for speed and quality are consistently met.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Complete a current-state assessment of the structure and functions that define Talent Acquisition.
- Work with the VP of Talent Operations to review and update Quarterly OKRs for the Talent Acquisition function.
- Gain a deep understanding of the supply/demand dynamics within Toptal.
- Define/refine KPIs as measures of team success.
In the first three months you will:
- Assess, develop strategies, and execute upon a new structure for efficiently sourcing talent that is adapted to the specialized needs of the Enterprise and SMB business lines.
- Develop and mature feedback loops between Talent Acquisition and other stakeholder teams that are external to Talent Operations.
- Evaluate and expand training resources for the Talent Acquisition team.
- Track and evaluate the performance of the channels in sourcing diverse talent networks.
In the first six months you will:
- Optimize channels for Talent Acquisition and sourcing that meets changing demands.
- Stabilize and adapt Talent Acquisition strategies to accommodate expanding verticals.
- Successfully utilize and expand various demand forecasting models to prioritize Talent Acquisition efforts.
In the first year you will:
- Strengthen the infrastructure within the Talent Acquisition team for long-term scalability and client satisfaction in a constantly evolving work environment.
- At least 7 years experience sourcing international freelance/contract talent for targeted roles across multiple verticals.
- At least 5 years managing and coaching a successful global talent acquisition team.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize forecasting tools to set the strategic direction for a sourcing team to ensure a healthy pipeline of candidates to meet expected client demand.
- Proven ability to develop strategic frameworks for talent acquisition involving multiple and diverse verticals.
- Success with sourcing and identifying optimal candidates for unique and specialized job specific needs.
- Experience developing and working in a metrics-driven environment with success in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations.
- Ability to lead a global team, providing motivation and clear direction to meet expectations by instilling accountability for quality and a sense of urgency.
- Solid background and expertise in different sourcing techniques, utilizing multiple channels to optimize talent acquisition efforts.
- General knowledge of skills and attributes required of candidates being sourced for Developer, Designer, Finance, Project Management, Product Management, and Marketing roles.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #smbeast #europe #canada
Anywhere (full remote)