Director of Talent Screening Strategy
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Toptal network includes thousands of top engineers, designers, finance experts, project managers, and more from over 100 countries, working with leading companies on mission-critical projects.
The mission of the Talent Screening team is to review and screen aspiring Talent that want to join the Toptal network. In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to interact with world-class talent from around the world.
As the Director of Talent Screening Strategy, you will be a valuable member of the Talent Screening team. Working together with internal teams such as, Talent Capabilities, Screening Operations, Talent Success, and Product, you will be creating and maintaining Toptal’s global screening content strategy that will scale as Toptal grows and adds new offerings. This role will be responsible for building the content strategy by setting the content launch cadence, analyzing screening trends and feedback, and working with Subject Matter Experts to build industry leading screening content. We’re looking for someone with a strategic mindset who is able to work cross-functionally with outstanding communication, organization and analytical skills.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Recommend and set Toptal’s screening content development strategy to be used in interviews and tests to evaluate applicants’ technical abilities for the Talent Network.
- Manage a team of Screening Content Specialists to work with SMEs and build technical screening content.
- Monitor client & talent feedback, and make necessary changes to content to improve talent conversion and client satisfaction.
- Work with Screening Operations to ensure feasibility of new content launches.
- Determine feasibility and provide input on new verticals and product launches.
- Build a content library that tailors screening content to talent’s expertise and interests.
- Drive consistency and documentation across all verticals/specialization content.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems used to screen Toptal talent.
- Meet and shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and business units.
In the first month, expect to:
- Have a full understanding of talent and client journey from an initial application/sign up to the start of an engagement.
- Learn and understand existing Screening content (including custom screening paths) and key processes in Screening Operations.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Build screening content strategy for 2022 and recommend key launches, refreshes, and verticals of focus.
- Establish key content feedback channels from clients and talent on screening quality.
- Set-up relationships with key SMEs in the talent network to support new content development.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Support strategic initiatives and new product launches that require customized screening content.
- Begin building a standardized screening content library in collaboration with SMEs and Screening Operations across all verticals.
- Hire and lead a team of Screening content specialists.
In the first year, expect to:
- Build Toptal’s long term Screening content strategy across all verticals and new offerings.
- Offer insights and recommendations to improve retention in screening through tailored content approaches.
- 5+ years combined business operations and consulting experience.
- Prior work in a technical environment with direct exposure to software engineering, and an understanding of underlying concepts (i.e. code review, unit testing, code documentation) is an added bonus.
- Leadership experience with responsibility for business results in a fast-paced, multi-function environment.
- Creative problem solver with proven results in improving processes in business operations and/or sales environment.
- Ability to leverage data to perform root cause analysis and address the source of issues.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions that result in measurable transformative outcomes that reach beyond incremental improvements.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to influence and execute effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply effective change management principles and consider the human element of change.
- A knack for being able to convey complex information and recommendations in a clear, logical, understandable manner to stakeholders at executive levels.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a high-integrity, team player with the flexibility to meet the demands of changing business priorities.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.