Editor for Product and Project Management Blog
As an Editor for the Toptal Project Management/Product Management vertical, you will be responsible for ensuring that Toptal grows as a world-class publication for top PM/PdM experts. You will be working closely with Toptal’s PM/PdM Vertical Lead Editor and Toptal’s global network of top PM/PdM experts, to edit and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the engineering space. You will be responsible for developing and executing the publication’s topic strategy while maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles. Quality of writing, ambition, and drive are key traits for this position.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- You will work with Toptal’s talent network to publish in-depth articles on the most important events and trends in Project and Product management, and you will ensure that all articles published meet the publication’s A+ quality bar.
- You will research and analyze the work of leading publications, content, and trends in the industry.
- You will work with thought leaders across a variety of disciplines and industries to showcase their expertise through educational studies designed for an audience of other top PM/PdM consultants.
- You will work with a world-class team of PMs and editors to ensure that all articles published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking.
- You will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- You will work with editors from the other Publications Team verticals on special projects that help achieve team objectives and key results.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal’s Project and Product offering and help develop the voice for the Publication.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available.
- Learn the Publishing process and any associated tools.
In the first month you will:
- Work with top Project and Product management experts from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends.
- Work with experts across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual), designed for an audience of other top Project/Product management experts.
- Define what an A+ Toptal PM/PdM study looks like, and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute a strategy for Toptal’s Product and Project management publication.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Lead Editor for Toptal’s Project and Product publication and the manager of Digital Marketing on distribution techniques to grow impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Begin contributing new ideas to the PM/PdM publication team in order to raise the bar and help achieve objectives and key results.
In the first six months you will:
- Help to scale up the cadence and visibility of the PM/PdM publication.
- Help demonstrate the expertise and knowledge of Toptal’s world-class talent network.
In the first year you will:
- Support a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- Continually raise the bar and contribute new ideas for elevating the expertise of Toptal’s network talent
- Prior writing experience, preferably including a focus on Project and/or Product Management-related topics.
- You must have an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience as a Project and/or Product Manager (or equivalent).
- Strong knowledge of important events and trends across the Project and Product management fields.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts.
- An exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below our standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.