Editor, Thought Leadership
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for an experienced Editor to work on premier thought leadership websites. Our publications provide senior-level decision-makers in large, enterprise companies practical, meaningful advice on how to find, hire, and manage top talent. Are you passionate about producing high-quality, in-depth thought leadership content for an elite audience? If so, we encourage you to apply! This Editor will provide insight into the growing trends that are shaping the future of work, business, and our world!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Help define the strategic direction of our thought leadership publications, contributing to the development of its voice, tone, and style.
- Work with a team of editors and freelance writers, reviewing work and providing constructive feedback.
- Write interviews and profiles of leaders, influencers, public figures, and visionaries in staffing, remote work, contingent and on-demand work, human resources, recruiting, information technology, procurement, and innovation.
- Draft deeply researched strategic commentaries on important issues and global trends affecting how companies source, recruit and manage talent.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and engage well-known leaders and influencers who can support our efforts to build the status and stature of Toptal’s brand in this space.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal, our team, and what sets us apart.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with the Lead Editor for Thought Leadership to understand what an A+ Toptal article looks like and establish processes for ensuring top quality articles.
- Partner with the team to analyze and understand the function’s key KPIs, along with how these are monitored and impacted.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have built pipelines of resources to stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to our team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Regularly produce high-quality content that distinguishes and differentiates Toptal from the competition and drives deep, meaningful engagement from our audiences.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Independently develop and launch comprehensive campaigns aimed at appealing to and engaging key audiences.
- 3 - 5 years of experience working as a writer or editor, producing articles and features for an editorial publication.
- A strong portfolio of clips demonstrating relevant expertise in writing profiles, explainers, guides, feature articles, and conducting interviews in the staffing/HR/recruitment/business space.
- A phenomenal eye for quality and an absolute unwillingness to compromise on your standards for an A+ article.
- An outstanding ability to explain complex concepts clearly.
- A passion for learning and an interest in immersing oneself in new and unfamiliar topics.
- The ability to work independently and develop ideas proactively.
- Openness to receiving direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.