Editor for Toptal Design Blog
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an Editor for our Design blog to ensure that it grows as a world-class publication for top designers. This person will be responsible for collaborating on topic strategy, maintaining a high bar of excellence for all articles, and guiding the blog to be the leading authority on design topics.
Are you passionate about writing and editing in-depth guides, profiles, and thought leadership articles on important industry trends? If so, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Editor will research and analyze the work of leading Design and Technology publications in order to build our publication strategy. We expect the Editor to work with global designers and industry leaders to publish in-depth research on the most meaningful concepts and trends.
This person will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal article looks like and ensure that all pieces crafted meet this standard. Working with network experts, the Editor will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought leaders.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s offerings.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Publish your first article on the blog focused on A+ topics that resonate with other specialists.
- Partner with network experts across a variety of fields to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) crafted for an audience of other top managers.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for both publications.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work with the Lead Editor and Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow our publications’ impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on meaningful developments, and providing intelligence to the Toptal team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Work with your team to build up the cadence and visibility of the publications.
In the first year, expect to:
- Support and continuously scale full-fledged publications, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, Events, Community, etc).
- Minimum 5 years experience in writing, editing, and content creation. Strong preference for business, technology, and industry-focused content.
- Experience interviewing technical specialists and the ability to quickly understand and write about sophisticated concepts.
- Strong understanding of important trends and key issues related to design and technology.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- An exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below our standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- The ability to work independently and develop ideas proactively.
- Openness to receiving direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.