Editor/Writer for Finance Blog
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an Editor/Writer to ensure that our finance blog grows as a premier publication for our elite audience. This person will be responsible for developing and executing our topic strategy while maintaining our extremely high-quality bar for all articles! Are you passionate about writing and curating in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most meaningful trends in the finance world? If so, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Editor/Writer will research and analyze the work of leading publications in the industry, including Harvard Business Review, McKinsey Quarterly, and NYT DealBook. Working closely with top strategy consultants, this person will publish research on important events and trends in Finance and the consulting industry. They will work with leading business figures to showcase their expertise and will work with a team of Designers and Editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking. We expect this Editor/Writer to stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to our team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn about Toptal’s finance offering and help develop the publication’s voice.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with top finance experts from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in finance.
- Pitch, outline, write, and publish a blog post you believe will educate and delight Toptal Finance Blog readers.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Finance study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for the Toptal Finance Blog.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work with the Lead Editor and the Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to our team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Help to scale up the cadence and visibility of the Finance publication.
In the first year, expect to:
- Support a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience, preferably with finance-related topics.
- Solid understanding of important events and trends across multiple industries at the top of the business strategy world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Experience interviewing technical specialists and the ability to quickly understand sophisticated products and market dynamics.
- Must have an outstanding eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.