Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As the Editorial Assistant on Toptal’s Publications Team, you will be responsible for the launch and outreach of all posts published across Toptal’s publications. You will work to build relationships and long-term partnerships with publications, newsletters, content curation sites, forums, etc. in the software engineering, finance, and design spaces, working to grow the long-term readership and web traffic of each of our publications.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work closely with technical editors to understand the purpose of all upcoming posts slated for publication.
- With input from editors, prepare and execute launch plans with targeted outreach to top publications, newsletters, content curation sites, forums etc. as appropriate for the specific topic of each post.
- Plan and build long-term partnerships with relevant outlets across each of our target audiences.
- Prepare marketing materials on Toptal Publications to facilitate outreach and partnerships.
- Research, analyze, and keep track of the work of leading publications in the software engineering, finance, and design industries.
- Prepare posts for publication on our CMS and send out newsletters to our relevant audiences.
- Help editors research new ideas and provide input on the direction of posts in progress as needed.
- Be in constant communication with teammates on the Publications Team via Slack and voice calls.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Experience in software engineering, finance, and/or design (academic or otherwise) is a big plus, as is experience with the startup world and online growth.
- You must be interested in learning more about software engineering, finance, and design, as well as about how companies grow online.
- Strong ability to do research on and quickly learn topics with which you may not be deeply familiar.
- You must have perfect written and verbal English.
- You must have a knack for copywriting.
- You must be an outstanding ambassador of the Toptal brand.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As a Director of Operations at Toptal, Steve works to provide innovative solutions to Toptal network members and clients by implementing new product strategy, building and leading multi-disciplinary teams to launch new business segments, and ensuring optimal operations. Leveraging his prior experience in Toptal's continuous improvement function, he achieves high-quality operations through agile project management, KPI development, and business intelligence. Steve has also assisted in internal operations including business innovation, forecasting, forensic and compliance audits, and new process architecture.