Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to oversee our content management publishing processes with a focus on content preparation, attention to detail, and continual process improvement. You will work with the Publications team to ensure that all of our content (articles, newsletters, social) is ready for publishing, utilizing our proprietary content management systems. You will also work closely with our editorial team to assist with various editorial tasks and special projects.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for working within our proprietary content management systems, and with our Writers, Editors, and Senior Writers to prepare and finalize all of our content ensuring that it’s ready to be published. The Editorial Assistant will also be responsible for continual process improvement by helping with special projects and other assigned editorial tasks. In addition, this person will be responsible for ensuring that our newsletters and social content are ready for publishing and distribution.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with all members of the Publications team to understand each aspect of the content being published.
- Gain an understanding of each of our content management systems and the way Publications utilizes them to publish content.
- Work with the Operations Lead to identify editorial tasks and set up a plan for prioritizing each task.
- Prepare final content in each of our content management systems.
- Gain an understanding of our email marketing systems and how we utilize them.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work with our Lead Editors and Engineers to identify and make basic improvements to our content publishing process.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of content management system technologies and integrate that knowledge into our workflows.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Identify key objectives and results in order to help improve our overall content management processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- Support a full-fledged Publications team, consistently working to improve our systems and workflows so that we can scale and grow efficiently.
- 1-4 years of content management experience.
- Proficiency with markdown, HTML, CSS, and basic scripting knowledge.
- Knowledge of Hubspot or other marketing automation software is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of content production and communication.
- Ability to work with different content management systems while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to remain detail-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of content.
- Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of Senior Writers and Editors.
- Willingness to collaborate and work with Engineers and Developers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Meticulous focus on execution, detail, and quality.
- Self-starter with the ability to define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Willingness to participate in special projects related to process improvement.
- Perfectionist tendencies and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.