Email Campaign Writer
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an Email Campaign Writer to be responsible for authoring targeted email content to support Toptal’s Marketing, Growth, and Revenue teams.
As part of our Content Strategy Team, you will connect creative and business strategies to ensure that all Toptal email campaigns are compelling, highly engaging, and are appropriate for our different audiences. You will work with a high-energy team of Content Writers and Strategists as well as other stakeholders to ensure all content developed is succinct, accurate, and inspires action. Your work will primarily target existing and potential clients as well as a general business audience at different levels within an organization, though you will also work on email campaigns directed at our freelance talent target market. You should be adept at adapting content such that it is insightful and solution-oriented for varied audiences.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- You will support the Marketing, Growth, and Sales Operations & Enablement teams and their growing and evolving content needs.
- You will author unique, compelling email campaigns from a customer-centric perspective that supports Toptal’s marketing and sales goals, and inspires engagement.
- Align with all appropriate Subject Matter Experts to understand and communicate Toptal’s offerings in multiple industries.
- Create provocative marketing language for our experiences to help position Toptal as a forward-thinking, unique, intelligent, innovative company ready to solve our client’s business challenges.
- You will help build the future of Content Strategy at Toptal through supporting content creation for our experiences on behalf of our Marketing team and in collaboration with our Sales and Growth partners.
- Independently manage multiple projects, often under tight deadlines.
- Work with other Content Strategists and Writers to ensure all content adheres to Toptal style, voice, and tone guidelines.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the other members of the Content Strategy and Creative teams.
- Meet key stakeholders from the Marketing Strategy, Growth Product and Revenue teams.
- Begin to learn the high-level principles of Toptal’s brand voice and messaging strategy.
- Integrate yourself into the Marketing function.
In the first month, expect to:
- Explore Toptal’s marketing and sales enablement tools and resources and understand how they’re used.
- Immerse yourself in your first content projects.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Become fully integrated into Toptal.
- Complete several email campaign projects and get a better feel for the types of work you’ll be doing.
- Strategize and roadmap future projects you’ll take on.
- Identify areas for improvement.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Enhance existing processes while implementing new ideas and initiatives.
- Have helped produce and publish numerous engaging email campaigns.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have consistently developed strong email campaigns in response to specific requests from Sales and Marketing teams, adapting them as needed relative to feedback received.
- Understand your role in elevating Toptal email-related content, working with stakeholders to strategize and offer suggestions on what works best to target different audiences.
- 4+ years of experience in content writing, preferably both B2B and B2C for Growth, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Familiarity partnering with Marketing stakeholders to develop email campaigns, drip nurture flows, and newsletters.
- Experience collaborating with design and developer stakeholders to facilitate a content-first approach to email templates.
- Prior experience partnering with Sales stakeholders to write copy for multi-touch sales cadences.
- Previous experience with A/B testing inclusive of the ability to implement.
- Strong creative mind and the ability to connect business strategies to creative content.
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling stories to educate and inspire decision-makers across key industry verticals.
- Deep understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and incorporate feedback to arrive at the best possible outcome.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.