Enterprise Account Manager - North America
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you looking for a role that will allow you to build upon your account management and sales skills while driving growth? Join Toptal and build your skills at one of the world’s fastest growing and most innovative professional service companies.
Our Enterprise Client Services team focuses on establishing and growing relationships with the world’s largest and most innovative companies - including the Fortune 50. Enterprise clients demand purpose-built solutions to compete in the intense war for talent. Toptal is an alternative to outdated and inflexible traditional staffing providers and overpriced Big Consulting.
In the Enterprise Account Management role, you will work both independently and collaboratively to achieve revenue targets while driving high client satisfaction and expansion within those accounts. Our Enterprise Account Managers work closely with clients to design and implement fit-to-purpose talent solutions and scope engagements comprising individual experts, teams of experts, or fully managed teams.
If you have experience in professional services, have a passion for client service, and get excited about the prospect of helping our clients and Toptal succeed, we’d love to talk to you!
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Enterprise Account Managers work with Enterprise Clients to grow and expand within existing mid-tier accounts.
- Manage client-specific talent onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Manage all Talent and Delivery activity for all their accounts.
- Check in regularly with talent to maintain strong engagement and satisfaction on projects.
- Support clients with day to day inquiries related to the account, talent, and billing.
- Create and manage processes related to Talent engagement time reporting, revenue, and margins and track against client budget.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations including talent background checks and sourcing locations.
- Support sales activities requiring basic legal operations including creation of contract documents and change requests.
- Identify additional account expansion opportunities and take coaching from Client Partners.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Talent Operations, Finance, and Legal teams to efficiently anticipate and fulfill client needs.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal’s ecosystem.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story to effectively articulate ourselves from the competition.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales and account management training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Work with your manager to identify the right mix of clients for your portfolio and establish revenue targets.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, partners, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on your accounts, ensure customer satisfaction, and support the talent working with your customers.
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will work collaboratively with clients to help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance specialists to drive successful outcomes for their organization.
- Begin to bring forward innovative new ideas to drive new ways of working and expanding the business.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build upon your existing client relationships.
- Begin to expand the scope of engagement at all of your accounts, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of involvement at your accounts.
- Align to internal strategic imperatives that interest you at Toptal beyond your focus on client excellence.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a portfolio of incredible accounts with a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how we connect our clients to the world’s top talent.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and demonstrate the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- 3+ years of consulting and account management experience at a top-tier management consulting and/or professional services organization.
- Experience in project staffing and talent matching; drafting SOWs, providing delivery oversight and managing quality; managing invoices and accounts receivable; managing profitability at the engagement, account, and portfolio levels; and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and CRM data hygiene.
- Professional maturity, poise, and executive presence – you’re a masterful storyteller.
- Skilled in negotiating service agreements, SOWs, and closing deals from the driver’s seat.
- Proven experience building long-term, mutually beneficial client relationships, consultative selling, and influencing at the C-level.
- Functional knowledge within one or more of the following domains is desired: digital transformation, technology & software development, UX design, product management, project management, or corporate development.
- Industry experience within Communications, Media, and Technology; Consumer Products & Industries; Healthcare & Lifesciences; or Industrial Products & Services is considered a strong plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.