Enterprise Delivery Manager - New York/New York Metropolitan Area
As an Enterprise Delivery Manager, you will be the main point of contact and trusted project advisor for Toptal Enterprise clients and will be responsible for delivering outstanding client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships, and serving as the primary escalation point for client delivery issues.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering large-scale enterprise projects and programs, and a solid understanding of software development using many methodologies, in order to consult on best practices with C-level executives on client teams.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in major metropolitan markets in the US and Europe, but frequent travel to client sites may be required.
- Work with Toptal’s Enterprise team to secure new clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work.
- Work with Toptal’s internal teams to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skillsets for each client project.
- Support and manage Toptal talent teams with multiple roles including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and Designers.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects on client site.
- Drive structure and content for status and stakeholder meetings.
- Consult with senior client stakeholders to determine best practices for project delivery.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Navigate corporate Enterprise nuanced personnel interdependencies to form long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships while delivering outstanding project outcomes.
- Work with the client and Toptal teams to handle overall project management including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Provide overall delivery and quality leadership at strategic Toptal clients.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet colleagues in our Enterprise, talent, and operational teams to begin your onboarding journey at Toptal.
In the first month you will:
- Learn about our delivery model, shadow colleagues on existing engagements, and begin leading project pursuits.
- Integrate with strategic account teams in your region.
In the first three months you will:
- Take on responsibility for overall delivery and quality at strategic Toptal clients.
- Support new client and project pursuits, working with multi-disciplinary Toptal teams.
In the first six months you will:
- Become a trusted advisor and delivery partner for some of our most important clients.
- Drive the adoption of Toptal Projects offerings at key Enterprise clients.
In the first year you will:
- Have established yourself as a trusted advisor and delivery leader at some of our most important clients, established a portfolio of ongoing delivery initiatives, and learned more about large scale, distributed program delivery than you could with any other company.
- Travel required: 50% (the goal is to work within your metro area).
- 5+ years of experience working in consulting or software delivery management leading large-scale projects and programs.
- Significant experience developing project plans and proposals for Enterprise clients.
- Strong understanding of technology and multiple methodologies for program and project management.
- 5+ years of experience as a program/project manager.
- Ability to establish and grow strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience using a variety of PM tooling including JIRA.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with audiences of all levels, including strong presentation development and delivery.
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.