Enterprise Finance Specialist, A/R & Billing
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about providing exceptional customer experiences? Do you have experience working closely with Fortune 500 clients to ensure that payment transactions are processed efficiently and accurately? If so, we encourage you to apply to our Accounts Receivable team, where we bring a can-do spirit to work with us every day! We are looking for an Enterprise Financial Specialist, who will be a part of Toptal’s fast-paced environment where we set the bar high and work daily to push the limits when it comes to service standards. We believe in the impact that exceptional service truly has not only on your own success but in the strengthening of relationships with our clients as well. We approach every challenge with a positive demeanor and view problems as an opportunity for improvements.
In this role, we need someone who can naturally prioritize tasks and manage their time effectively, ensuring efficiency with every small detail. We place a high emphasis on our ability to communicate both clearly and professionally and allow this to shine through with every client interaction! The ability to explain payment transaction details to clients is essential to ensuring business relationships remain strong and clients feel valued. Through your attention to detail and the emphasis you place on exceptional service standards, discrepancies will be resolved appropriately and incoming payments will be processed efficiently.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
In this role, it is crucial to continuously remain professional in your communication, whether working with internal teams or clients. Your ability to remain organized will be evident as you see tasks through from start to finish with efficiency. You will use the internal tools and payment applications available to you to complete daily tasks and continuously look for ways to better leverage resources and creatively resolve issues. You will assist with financial reconciliations, document control, and other basic accounting and clerical functions to support the overall business. Your team, clients, and sales partners on the Enterprise team will know they can always count on you to provide exceptional service and uphold the Toptal reputation.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Gain a deep understanding of the processes and procedures for the Finance team related to client support, payments, pause of services, and collections.
In the first month, expect to:
- Master the daily operational tasks for payments from clients.
- Provide client support regarding billing, payments, and payment methods via the Fresh Desk application.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work seamlessly with both sales and internal teams to provide support with disputes, payment issues, and all other financial account inquiries.
- Fully own relationships with specific clients to provide top-tier service for their billing and account requests.
- Process billing for Enterprise clients in the portal platforms required such as but not limited to Beeline, Fieldglass, and Ariba.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Identify and analyze trends and system issues.
- Propose solutions to improve output and client experience related to billing processes and user interfaces clients interact with.
In the first year, expect to:
- Take ownership of specific processes including Key Performance Indicators, continuous improvement, and strategies to increase the effectiveness of the process.
- Be seen as an expert with the ability to train others on how to provide world-class customer service at Toptal.
- Previous work experience with finance or accounting responsibilities (accounts receivable, reconciliation, payment processing, SOW’s, PO’s, etc.) with Enterprise or Fortune 500 companies is required
- Experience with enterprise billing systems such as but not limited to Beeline, Fieldglass and Ariba is highly preferred
- Highly organized and an exceptional eye for detail
- Demonstrated experience providing elite customer service and a positive can-do attitude
- You are comfortable working under pressure and managing your time successfully to adhere to deadlines
- Understand and value the importance of operational efficiency
- Experience with and passion for working with a technology organization preferred
- Highly effective written and verbal communication, at all times
- Experience working 100% remote is preferred
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.