Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s Enterprise Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for fueling the expansion of Toptal’s line of business with Enterprise companies by developing and supporting the strategy to acquire and grow Enterprise clients. You will be responsible for creating, driving, and managing high-impact growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including but not limited to digital marketing, SEO, product, account-based marketing, direct mail, and more.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help build a world-class enterprise marketing strategy and infrastructure from the ground up, using customized tools and resources to develop innovative new approaches to marketing in the Enterprise space. You will envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach buyers at Enterprise companies looking to hire elite software engineers, designers, and finance experts. You will work with Toptal’s Enterprise Marketing Lead, VP of Growth Marketing, and VP of Enterprise Strategy to set Toptal’s long-term Enterprise growth strategies and guide the company’s growth trajectory to new inflection points.
If you’re looking to innovate how digital channels can be leveraged to market to Enterprise companies, are interested in building custom marketing systems from scratch, and have a strong desire and ability to push through challenges and build for the long-term, this position is for you.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States.
Through your support of the Enterprise Marketing Lead and acting as an individual contributor, you will build Toptal’s Enterprise marketing strategy and infrastructure while working on initiatives that grow revenue from Enterprise clients. You will work with analytics specialists to optimize conversions across our funnel and with the product team to improve Enterprise portal, service pages, and conversion flows on the Toptal site. Through training and independent study, you will learn new skills quickly and effectively and have the ability to apply an analytical, problem-solving approach to everything along with the ability to prioritize by impact. You will create a well-resonated growth hypothesis and conceive, execute, and manage experiments to test those hypotheses. You will become familiar with all sources of marketing data and quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed. Your ability to identify ways to leverage established channels (SEO, AdWords, LinkedIn) and uncover new channels will noticeably engage buyers at Enterprise companies. Your help in the development of marketing assets will further engage Enterprise clients. You will be in constant communication with team members and provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet all the Toptal Enterprise stakeholders to learn about how Toptal attracts and serves Enterprise customers.
In the first month you will:
- Immerse yourself in the Enterprise marketing strategy and utilize data to identify new growth opportunities to prioritize.
- Contribute new ideas with well-reasoned hypotheses.
- Support execution of outstanding projects with measured results.
In the first three months you will:
- Fully understand Toptal’s approach to Enterprise marketing and begin to specialize in areas where you will drive the most value.
- Design and execute your first Enterprise marketing projects to acquire Enterprise customers.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale the most successful campaigns to acquire Enterprise customers.
- Be measured by your success in generating revenue through initiatives you lead and support.
In the first year you will:
- Earn the autonomy to own high impact growth initiatives.
- Master and scale acquisition channels to drive revenue growth from Enterprise customers.
- Operate as a subject matter expert on the Enterprise space – owning best practices on strategies, buyer personas, and more.
- You must be excited about being part of a team that is developing innovative Enterprise marketing infrastructure and capabilities from the ground up, scaling rapidly through aggressive testing of new ideas and customized solutions.
- You must have a strong, analytical background and experience translating data insights into business decisions.
- You must be comfortable and motivated by the prospect of developing initiatives from first principles, without being too reliant on industry standard “plug and play” approaches and tools.
- Experience with the tactics, tools, and language used to market to Enterprise clients.
- Ability to drive marketing initiatives in a variety of areas including digital channels, SEO, SEM, product optimization, ABM, etc.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- Gabriel is our VP of Growth Marketing. He leads our customer acquisition strategy for both SMB and Enterprise segments. His career in technology started at age 13 when he built a revenue-generating social website. Afterward, he worked in management consulting, growth and product management in companies such as Facebook and InsideSales.com. He earned degrees in Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, and an MBA from Stanford University. Outside of work, Gabriel enjoys training for long distance triathlons and traveling around the world.