Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
Since our expansion into the enterprise space, some of the largest companies in the world have started working with Toptal. As Enterprise Operations Lead, you will be building on Toptal’s impressive early successes in this area as the company continues to rapidly scale. You will be responsible for establishing the operational processes, metrics, and teams to help our business scale as we grow, and you will plan and manage key initiatives throughout our enterprise business, ranging from product and customer service improvements, to financial modeling and operational analytics.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States.
- Implement the processes required to help Toptal scale our enterprise business, and build the teams required to support those processes as we grow.
- Work closely with the leadership of Toptal’s Enterprise business to identify, design and execute operational improvements throughout Toptal’s Enterprise team.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Toptal’s Enterprise business, including reporting, measurement, client satisfaction and enablement.
- Serve as the Enterprise product owner for our technology stack, working with our product team to continue to evolve our industry-leading technology stack to serve our Enterprise business.
- Plan, manage and execute team initiatives and programs in a wide range of areas (reporting, planning & modeling, sales processes, operational improvements, etc.).
- Assist with sales enablement, onboarding, and ongoing training and development of the Enterprise sales team.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how our sales and account management teams leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
In the first month you will:
- Learn our sales method and our selling processes.
- Assess current processes, identify gaps, and develop a plan for quick-win process and technology improvements, enabling better sales outcomes and helping setup Toptal for continued global growth.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify existing process efficiencies that can be leveraged within the Enterprise team.
In the first three months you will:
- Review the onboarding process for the Enterprise team and recommend refinements and improvements for sales and account management professionals.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on Toptal’s internal tools.
- Analyze our metrics and reporting functions, and propose improvements for data collection and delivery to our global leadership team.
- Build a relationship with our product team and begin acting as the point-of-contact liaison for Enterprise with Product.
- Identify new training, learning and development opportunities for our sales team.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a roadmap for a more substantial set of process, technology, and measurement changes that will enable Toptal Enterprise and a salesforce of hundreds around the world to scale and win in a highly competitive market.
- Take on, own, and manage critical projects for the Enterprise Sales team, such as the roll-out of new applications, the management of marketing campaigns, and improved processes related to account and portfolio management.
- Roll out completed special projects for the Enterprise team.
- Deliver training and onboarding enhancements for sales and account management professionals.
In the first year you will:
- Implement standardized sales processes, technology enhancements, and measurements to maximize the effectiveness and productivity of our global team, leveraging our proprietary, industry-leading technology platform.
- Deliver a comprehensive onboarding, training, learning and development program for the ongoing development of our sales team.
- Continue to identify, propose, manage and deliver critical projects to improve the overall effectiveness of the Enterprise team.
- 3-5 years of incremental growth driving process improvement initiatives for a growing team.
- Experience developing processes and systems in a customer-oriented, high growth organization.
- Solid understanding of the software product development lifecycle and experience defining requirements for performance dashboards/analytics.
- Familiarity with the enterprise sales lifecycle and experience supporting sales teams and processes.
- You must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation.
- You must be fully capable of responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
- You must be highly driven by the prospect of growing an innovative, world-changing business with us.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere in the United States
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As the VP of Enterprise Strategy, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.