Enterprise Sales Director, EMEA
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal’s Enterprise Sales Director you will accelerate Toptal’s expansion into the EMEA region, lead and scale a world-class team that is changing the way the world’s largest companies leverage talent. Work closely with Toptal’s Head of Enterprise Sales while leading Toptal’s EMEA Enterprise Sales Team by targeting, developing, and closing high-value clients across the enterprise world.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be an excellent leader, exceptionally creative and well-organized salesperson, and a critical thinker.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere within the defined geography of the role. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work closely with the Enterprise teams to accelerate the expansion of Toptal’s business in the enterprise space.
- Function as both a “player” and a “coach”, spending time both operating close to clients on the front lines and guiding the team’s development.
- Develop account prioritization criteria and work with members of the Enterprise Sales Team to prioritize their target client portfolios.
- Regularly meet with members of the Enterprise Sales Team to review activity, provide guidance to keep things moving forward, evaluate performance, and develop coaching plans.
- Evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term tactics to establish Toptal as the leading provider of professional services in the enterprise space.
- Define geographic focuses or vertically assigned industries for members of your Enterprise Sales Team, and work with them to develop strategic enterprise sales playbooks tailored to each client segment.
- Develop and execute a plan for scaling the team structure and goals, as well as the interviewing standards and hiring plans needed to achieve these goals.
- Build, maintain, and grow C-level relationships with multiple executives from clients in your team’s portfolio.
- Actively recruit new members to join our rapidly growing team.
- Set aggressive sales goals for your team and take full ownership over leading the team to meet those goals.
- Have an initial base of active clients, while continuing to build your overall portfolio.
- Build upon your existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute your portfolio strategy.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet the team, understand the headcount plan.
- Start a 4 week Toptal on-boarding process.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Know and regularly deliver the Toptal pitch assisting your team in effectively selling the Toptal model.
- Review each reps territory plan; adjusting and coaching as needed.
- Understand the Enterprise Deal Desk and Legal process.
- Actively contribute to the Sales Leadership team building out strategies.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be a Master of the Toptal engine; closing contracts and generating revenue growth in the territory.
- Uncover new business opportunities within your prospective team and drive sales pursuits with cross-functional Toptal teams.
- Negotiate contracts, work collaboratively with clients, and help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance specialists.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Complete build out of the team making improvements and changes as deemed appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the team’s partnership with existing accounts, and execution of their portfolio strategy.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built out a world class team of reps in a growing portfolio.
- Work with the Head of Enterprise to devise the next wave of Vertical growth for the team.
- Mentor new leaders, teaching them about Toptal, our model, and how to successfully grow their teams.
- Continue to expand your team’s portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in your vertical, and use the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- 5+ years of proven success leading professional service sales including staffing and/or project sales, with relationships ranging from director-level to C-level contacts.
- Ability to thrive and excel in a dynamic, wired-in organization.
- Proven experience as a successful sales team leader at a rapidly growing professional services organization.
- You must be an exceptional individual contributor and coach who can both work with salespeople on the front lines and also develop and execute coaching plans for the team’s continued development.
- You must be a creative, entrepreneurial salesperson with exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills.
- You must have a strong understanding of how to navigate a large organization to assess which accounts/projects are in need of our specific resources, as well as a strong ability to evaluate the merit of creative new tactics.
- Extensive experience building client portfolios of $10M+, including experience with service agreements ranging from a few team members to 10+ team members.
- You must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation. You must be fully capable of leading the team in responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
- You must be highly capable of motivating a team towards the prospect of growing an innovative, world-changing business with us.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills. This includes being fully capable of building and maintaining a respected boardroom presence.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.