Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As the Enterprise Sales Enablement Lead at Toptal, you will help us continue Toptal’s incredible growth and establish us as the premier partner for the world’s leading companies, helping them build amazing teams with Toptal’s elite talent. Toptal only accepts the best - we accept less than 2% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate. We are building a large, global salesforce to help continue our tremendous growth, and you could help us shape, enable, and empower our salesforce to win in the market every day.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will establish the systems, training, and processes required to build, scale, and enable a world-class, global sales and account management team. In this role, you will help us establish the baseline processes and training, and develop an ongoing program to onboard, train, and enable our rapidly growing global salesforce. You will work in a distributed company and help define an entirely new space helping the world’s best talent find the perfect opportunity, while also helping leading organizations find the best talent more effectively and efficiently.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how our sales and account management teams leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month you will:
- Refine and scale our onboarding program for sales and account management professionals.
- Develop an initial training plan for each sales and account management role.
- Assess current processes, identify gaps, and develop a plan for quick-win process and technology improvements, enabling better sales outcomes and helping setup Toptal for continued global growth.
In the first three months you will:
- Roll out improved, consistent onboarding for new members of our sales and account management team.
- Roll out improved training programs for our global teams.
- Develop and deploy improved processes and measurements for our global sales team.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on Toptal’s internal tools.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop and deploy a complete, comprehensive global onboarding program for Toptal Enterprise.
- Develop a training plan for enhanced training, coaching, and ongoing development.
- Develop a roadmap for a more substantial set of process, technology, and measurement changes that will enable Toptal Enterprise and a salesforce of hundreds around of the world to scale and win in a highly competitive market.
In the first year you will:
- Have developed and deployed a comprehensive, global onboarding and assessment program for new members of the team joining from around the world for all Toptal Enterprise roles.
- Implement training to support our sales and account management teams throughout their careers, helping them learn our methods, win in the market, and constantly improve their capabilities.
- Implement standardized sales processes, technology enhancements, and measurements to maximize the effectiveness and productivity of our global team, leveraging our proprietary, industry-leading technology platform.
- Resourcefulness. We want self-starters who are passionate about building a global team of high-performers, and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Teamwork. Everything we do is done as a team. We collaborate with our clients, and we leverage our exceptional, global core team to get work done and serve our clients and community.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Communication. Our clients are global, our talent community is global, and our core team is global. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to speak to a wide range of customers and team members, across a wide range of geographies.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of our team, and for the success of the initiatives you lead.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ideal candidates have demonstrated success working with global sales team, and implementing sales enablement programs.
- Limited travel may be required.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.