Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Enterprise Sales Executive at Toptal, you will help us continue Toptal’s incredible growth and establish us as the premier partner for the world’s leading companies, helping them build amazing teams with Toptal’s elite talent. Toptal only accepts the best - we accept less than 2% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate - imagine what you could do with such a powerful model. Leveraging your past success selling talent solutions to large, Enterprise-level accounts, you will build a portfolio of business helping organizations solve their talent shortage problems.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You will build a portfolio of clients, with a focus on mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships that establish Toptal as a trusted talent partner. As you grow your portfolio, you will help the world’s best companies change the way they build teams, get work done, and leverage the power of a blended workforce and distributed teams. You will work in a distributed company and help define an entirely new space helping the world’s best talent find the perfect opportunity, while also helping leading organizations find the best talent more effectively and efficiently.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month you will:
- Build your target portfolio and establish a portfolio strategy.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months you will:
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will begin to negotiate contracts, work collaboratively with clients, and help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance experts.
In the first six months you will:
- Have a base of active clients, while continuing to build your overall portfolio.
- Build upon your existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute your portfolio strategy.
In the first year you will:
- Have built a portfolio of incredible client accounts, helping them leverage the world’s best talent to build amazing teams and increase productivity.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how we connect our clients to the world’s top talent.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and leverage the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- Consulting and/or Recruiting Business Development experience required
- Prior experience selling talent, such as professional services, consulting, or staffing / recruitment services.
- A track record of quota-exceeding success building portfolio of business consisting primarily of large, Enterprise-level accounts.
- Prior success developing new customer relationships in an outbound selling model.
- Solid understanding of software development projects and the software development life cycle.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be able to clearly articulate Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and how we can help our clients.
- Ideal candidates have demonstrated success establishing and growing client relationships, and have been responsible for establishing and growing a book of business in a services model.
- Resourcefulness. You should think about your portfolio as your own business - we want self-starters who are passionate about building a portfolio of accounts, and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Teamwork. Everything we do is done as a team. We collaborate with our clients, and we leverage our exceptional, global core team to get work done and serve our clients and community.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Communication. Our clients are global, our talent community is global, and our core team is global. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to speak to a wide range of customers and team members, across a wide range of geographies.
- Hustle. You understand how to build from the ground up and will hustle to grow your portfolio of clients.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of your clients, the Talent that works with them, and for your portfolio.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Depending on the location of your clients, travel of up to 50% may be required.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
London strongly preferred