Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s Growth Specialist for Finance, you will bring creative energy and drive innovation as you manage high impact growth initiatives related to growing Toptal Finance. You will be able to quickly identify opportunities for improvement, develop solutions, and see those solutions through to implementation. You will help create a new market where your ideas will directly translate into results. You will work with and create buy-in from a high energy team as you own large budget initiatives designed to reach client partners who will benefit from hiring the top 3% of finance talent.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be an individual contributor and collaborative partner motivated to grow the finance vertical. You will own and be accountable for specific pieces of the finance growth strategy. You will drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas including SEO and SEM. You will work with Toptal’s analytic tools to identify areas for growth. You will be familiar with all sources of growth data and have the ability to quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed. You will effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Begin to understand Toptal’s approach to the growth of the finance vertical.
In the first month you will:
- Be an expert in Toptal’s approach to the growth of the finance vertical.
- Contribute new ideas with well-reasoned hypotheses.
- Start to execute on projects with measured results.
In the first three months you will:
- Fully understand the key finance vertical growth initiatives and begin to specialize in areas where you will quickly have an impact and deliver value.
In the first six months you will:
- Own and be measured on various aspects of the vertical growth strategy.
- Consistently own and rapidly test new ideas and growth strategies.
In the first year you will:
- Earn the autonomy to own high impact growth initiatives.
- Be seen as an expert in the growth of the finance vertical.
- You must be an expert in the finance industry with a solid understanding of the characteristics of top finance talent.
- Deep experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or related background preferred.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for what you build.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you build as a reflection of yourself.
- Drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, etc.
- Work with our Growth Team to rapidly learn new skills and expand your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight to the team.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Calvin graduated from Princeton University in the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Prior to Toptal, he worked at Barclays, specializing in the execution of mergers and acquisitions for mid-sized companies in the Healthcare, Industrials, and Consumer spaces. At Toptal, Calvin leads all growth efforts for the Finance Vertical. He's notorious for driving a steady stream of low-cost, high-quality leads, driving client demand across SEO, product, SEM, and business development.