Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be a part of Toptal’s fast-paced environment while continuously demonstrating world-class customer service. The ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively comes naturally to you, ensuring efficiency with every detail you handle and see through to completion.
Your ability to professionally communicate, both written and verbal, will shine through with every client interaction. Through your attention to detail and the emphasis you place on exceptional service standards, discrepancies will be resolved appropriately and incoming payments will be processed efficiently. The ability to explain payment transaction details to clients is essential to ensuring business relationships remain strong and clients feel valued. You understand the impact exceptional service truly has on your own success as well as the strengthening of client relationships. You set the bar high and work daily to push the limits when it comes to service standards.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will bring a can-do spirit to work with you daily. You will always remain professional in your communication, whether working with internal teams or clients. Your natural ability to remain organized will be evident as you see tasks through to completion with efficiency. You will use the internal tools and payment applications available to you to complete daily tasks and continuously look for ways to better leverage resources. You will assist with financial reconciliations, document control, and other basic accounting and clerical functions to support the overall business. You will approach every challenge with a positive attitude and view problems as an opportunity for improvements. Your team, clients, and others will know they can always count on you to provide exceptional service and uphold the Toptal reputation.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Gain a deep understanding of the processes and procedures for the Accounts Receivable team related to client support, payments, pause of services, and collections.
In the first month you will:
- Master the daily operational tasks for payments from clients.
- Provide client support regarding billing, payments, and payment methods via the Fresh Desk application.
In the first three months you will:
- Work seamlessly with both sales and matching teams to provide support with disputes, payment issues, and all other financial account inquiries.
- Fully own relationships with specific clients to provide top-tier service for their billing and account requests.
In the first six months you will:
- Identify and analyze trends and system issues.
- Propose solutions to improve output and client experience related to billing processes and user interfaces clients interact with.
In the first year you will:
- Take ownership of specific processes including Key Performance Indicators, continuous improvement, and strategies to increase the effectiveness of the process.
- Be seen as an expert with the ability to train others on how to provide world-class customer service at Toptal.
- You must have an exceptional eye for detail.
- You must have experience with and value world-class customer service.
- You must be highly organized.
- Your previous work experience must include finance or accounting responsibilities.
- Your positive, can-do attitude is something you will bring to work with you daily.
- You must be comfortable working under pressure and managing your time effectively to adhere to deadlines.
- You must understand and value the importance of operational efficiency.
- Experience with and passion for working with a technology organization preferred.
- You must be professional in your communication, both written and verbal, at all times.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #ustech
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s VP of Finance, Carlos oversees all of the company’s financial operations, ensuring sustainable company growth and seamless payments infrastructure for both Toptal’s clients and talent, distributed across the globe. Carlos has partnered with companies at every stage of growth to design and execute specialized projects in FP&A, financial operations, strategy, and IR, including previously leading the Finance and Investor Relations functions for BrightStar, a multi-billion dollar global enterprise, of which he helped sell a majority stake to Softbank at a $2.2 billion valuation. Carlos has played a vital role in several large capital raises, M&A initiatives, financial roadshows, and financial systems implementations. Carlos loves taking financial data and using it as the foundation of a compelling story to enable intelligent & strategic data-driven decisions. Carlos has a BS in Finance and an MBA from the Rochester Institute of Technology.