Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for an experienced business analyst able to create financial models to forecast all aspects of the company including M&A opportunities. We are a data-driven company that relies upon sophisticated modeling to drive improvements throughout our operations. This role will work with departments across the company to identify key drivers, relationships, and KPIs that effectively describe our operations and build frameworks and models to forecast them.
Toptal is a rapidly growing technology company with significant opportunities to expand. This position will play a key role in determining where and when we should allocate our capital to continue our success. Success will require an understanding of financing opportunities and valuation metrics.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will lead the analytics and valuation aspects of our M&A efforts. Leveraging your years of expertise, you will build frameworks and models to accurately forecast the performance of Toptal. These models must be the result of close collaboration with the process owners to ensure the financial estimates integrate with the business performance metrics. Utilizing your financial analysis skills, you will assess and make recommendations that drive profitable business decisions. You will also develop diagnostic analytics to uncover root causes of under and over performance and create proposals to address.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal, including rapidly learning about Toptal’s history, culture, vision, and strategy.
- Start to get a deep understanding of all aspects of the financial operations of the Company.
- Start to familiarize yourself with the executive team, the reporting frameworks and cycles, and key analytics.
In the first month, expect to:
- Do an in-depth review of existing processes, models, and reports. As part of that, you will get fully familiarized with the Company’s performance & growth drivers to-date, as well as current plans and projections.
- Take ownership, with the Head of FP&A, of the existing forecasting framework and models.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Refine and solidify capital allocation and ROI framework and models for discussion and alignment with all key stakeholders.
- Support P&L Management and ongoing business performance/KPIs reviews + build, maintain and distribute reports.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Leverage all new frameworks and models to develop a robust multi-year strategic/financial plan.
- Drive execution of new frameworks and build/maintain related reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Lead the valuation and analytics efforts for our M&A efforts.
- 4+ years of experience, including:
- Building capital allocation and ROI models with analysis.
- Building financial and valuation models (including market research and comps.), including being highly skilled at modeling and analyzing debt and equity financing, M&A, and other potential transactions/opportunities.
- Building ad-hoc models to support multiple business needs.
- Owning/driving budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Creating performance/operational metrics tracking mechanisms and reporting.
- Working in a cross-functional role touching several areas of the organization.
- You have superior mathematics and analytic skills.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and are comfortable managing very large amounts of data.
- You are an eager learner.
- You possess professional skepticism, including the ability to challenge assumptions, communicate limitations, and flag blind spots.
- You understand how to build from the ground up and will dive in and do whatever is needed.
- You are incredibly professional in your communication, both written and verbal, always. You can efficiently work 1-1 with multiple peers.
- Collaboration & team play is core to your working style.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude that you bring to work daily.
- You are resourceful and have a strong ability to navigate an organization to get any information you need and to solve very complex problems, with limited direction and oversight.
- You are comfortable working under pressure and managing your time effectively to adhere to deadlines.
- You take responsibility for the quality of work that you do.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.