Front-end Engineer at Billing Extraction Team
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Billing Extraction team is responsible for providing the best experience for our finance teams. Our main goal is to have a bulletproof billing flow with a great UX.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on many of our projects with a team of highly skilled front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of web interfaces every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. The bulk of the work we do is pure front-end development, but some back-end skills will help you.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, however, our Timezone preferred range is UTC - UTC+5. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
We are in the process of migrating to a brand new separate application using state-of-the-art technologies such as GraphQL and React with all the latest bells and whistles.
For frontend developers interested in building and having an impact on a product that changes the professional life of many people, this is the team to be. At the same time, our stack uses a solid, large, and proven core built using Rails with excellent test coverage and world-class processes including great code reviews and cross-team knowledge-sharing. The culture is set for high-quality software, high-level interaction among teammates. Expect to make meaningful contributions from early on, and to have continuous learning opportunities, technical and interpersonal.
As a fully-distributed company, in fact, the largest in the world, we expect you to be self-reliant, independent, product-oriented but also extremely responsive and communicative, both in written and oral forms. This set of abilities will allow you geographic and time flexibility that is very rare in other work environments.
In the first week, expect to:
- Join our Bootcamp team and begin your introduction into Toptal.
- Get acquainted with our tech stack.
- Be introduced to our working processes and product backlog.
In the first month, expect to:
- Transition from the Bootcamp team onto your new team at Toptal.
- Start to contribute to software development at Toptal.
- Get a deeper understanding of our technology, processes, and product pipeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Actively supply software planning, development, and maintenance.
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Lead technical initiatives with the team.
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a detailed understanding of Toptal’s technical stack, collaboration rituals, processes, performance, and future work.
- Have a clear idea of your career path at Toptal.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- 2 years experience developing production-grade React applications
- 3 years experience developing HTML5 and CSS3
- Fluency in Agile and Scrum
- Fluency in automated tests using Jest, React Testing Library and others
- Working proficiency with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with Styled Components
- Working proficiency in Ruby on Rails (nice to have)
- Fluency in CSS pre- and post-processing
- Fluency in JS frameworks outside the React ecosystem (nice to have)