Go-to-Market Strategy & Enablement Manager
Toptal helps our clients solve their highest impact problems by giving them access to a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology. Our proven ability to deliver quality and speed has made us the go-to partner for clients ranging from startups to Fortune 50 enterprises. With $200+ million in annual revenue and well over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is a hypergrowth organization that is disrupting the global professional services and talent market. In response to our clients’ overwhelming demand for exceptional talent in new areas, we are expanding the breadth and depth of our offerings to further fuel that growth. As a Go-to-Market Strategy & Enablement Manager for Toptal’s Strategy & Operations Consulting practice, you will be in a high-impact position to help bring new capabilities to market and further accelerate our growth. You will identify gaps in the market, shape and deliver go-to-market strategies, and be empowered to work across organizational lines to build the foundation for Toptal’s new practice areas to rapidly scale.
Your proven experience helping clients across industries to solve a range of business problems will enable you to thrive in this role. The right candidate will be adept at simplifying the complex, conducting market research and using data to inform conclusions, creating compelling presentations and thought leadership for an executive-level audience, and managing a variety of viewpoints to build consensus.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere within the United States. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for driving the go-to-market strategy for Toptal’s Strategy & Operations (S&O) Consulting practice. This includes:
- Strategy & Services: Which clients/buyers do we target, what business problems do we help them solve and how do we frame our approach to help solve those problems.
- Marketing: Support the development of thought leadership and campaigns that highlight our competitive differentiation, elevate our reputation in the market, attract great talent to our network, and generate leads for sales.
- Sales: Understand current/future demand and enable, educate, and directly support the sales force to best position this practice.
- Talent: Ensure our talent network is prepared to meet the demands of the market (e.g., the right skills in the right capacities) as well as foster an ongoing sense of community amongst the network of professionals in this practice area.
- Delivery: Defining/executing “Toptal way” methodologies for key services/solutions
This role is highly collaborative and will work extremely closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Talent Operations teams to fulfill the above responsibilities.
The successful candidate for this role has a demonstrated capability to:
- Lead in a highly collaborative way.
- Operate in a high-growth environment.
- Be comfortable with rolling up sleeves to do the work, demonstrate traction, and build a team over time.
- Make data-informed decisions and define key metrics with which you’ll measure progress.
- Walk in the shoes of your audience in order to understand their problems, develop/execute an approach to solve them, and articulate the solution in a clear and compelling way.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal; meet your colleagues.
- Learn about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of our industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow critical teams throughout the organization to learn Toptal’s core operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin developing relationships with key leaders and stakeholders across the organization.
- Dive deeper into the operations of key teams (e.g., Sales, Talent Operations) across the company.
- Begin helping shape and enable the go-to-market strategy for Toptal’s S&O consulting practice. This includes supporting high-priority sales opportunities, crafting methodologies, providing subject matter expertise, and forming hypotheses on how you can leverage your experience to accelerate growth.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be a well-integrated member of the organization with positive relationships in Sales (Enterprise/SMB), Marketing, and Talent Operations.
- Be in front of clients on a regular basis to hear from them firsthand.
- Begin positively impacting revenue growth within your practice.
In the first six months, expect to:
- See an impact from your involvement in early initiatives.
- Have started taking on more complex, longer-term initiatives to establish the needed infrastructure for scale.
In the first year, expect to:
- Feel like you made the best decision of your career.
- Increase the growth rate of Toptal materially.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in management consulting, preferably with at least one year at a Manager / Case Team Lead level.
- Track record of rapid career progression achieved by taking on challenging assignments and exceeding expectations.
- Experience packaging and delivering compelling solutions to clients.
- Refined relationship development & leadership skills with a track record of success building credibility across all levels of an organization. You can develop positive relationships across the business to partner on key initiatives and gain consensus on processes and strategies.
- Confidence in your analysis abilities, with proven success delivering results in ambiguous and sophisticated project efforts.
- Skilled in the art of communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take your work, but not yourself, too seriously.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.