Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be working with Toptal’s Growth Team, driving innovation and company growth at the intersection of business, data science, software engineering, and digital marketing. You will be responsible for growth and continued health of Toptal’s AdWords accounts across all business segments, managing large weekly budgets and optimizing and expanding the performance of the AdWords channel. You will be creating new growth hypotheses, guiding the development of analytics dashboards, and ensuring that all necessary data integrity tests and KPI health thresholds are in place. You will work with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and growth experts to envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach companies looking to hire elite software engineers and designers.
While no specific prior technical experience is necessary, to excel at this position you must have an entrepreneurial mentality and a background in STEM, preferably in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics. You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper-growth company while working with and learning from a team of engineers, growth experts, and entrepreneurs.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Learn growth team skills quickly and effectively through training and independent study, prioritizing by impact and applying an analytical, problem solving approach to everything.
- Create well-reasoned growth hypothesis for AdWords and conceive, execute, and manage experiments to test those hypotheses.
- Ensure the daily and weekly health of Toptal’s AdWords accounts, verifying that the right ads are reaching the right audiences with the right budget rules at all times.
- Work directly with the Head of Growth to create and execute strategic plans to expand Toptal’s AdWords accounts in tight coordination with supply/demand dynamics across the rest of the business.
- Work with AdWords script specialists and data scientists to guide the development of all analytics dashboards and automated systems needed for the channel.
- Work with AdWords script specialists, data scientists, and the Head of Growth to guide the development and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of AdWords-specific data integrity tests and KPI warning thresholds.
- Ensure that all growth operational issue are caught and addressed as rapidly as possible.
- Become familiar with all sources of growth data and quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives with extreme detail.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- You must have a strong, analytical background in a STEM field.
- You must have experience optimizing and expanding AdWords accounts through hypothesis-driven, analytical approaches.
- You must be an extremely quick thinker with a record of rapid turnaround on projects.
- A strong interest in startup growth and optimization.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor. You must know how to quantitatively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives.
- A lean, data-driven mentality and a strong bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- A strong knack for coming up with well-reasoned ideas for how to acquire and retain new clients.
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Though this role will include a variety of training sessions for various skills, you must be a tremendous independent learner who is able to rapidly learn new skills with limited support or direction.
- You must have a strong bias towards action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.