Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Growth Hacking team has the goal of delivering results as quickly and accurately as possible to address the needs of the Growth Team at Toptal. We work on diverse projects related to Traffic, SEO, SEM, front-end development, back-end development, site performance, and anything else that needs immediate attention. We run an extremely agile planning process that is directly tied to the business needs of Toptal. We are looking for developers that enjoy a diversity of projects, rapid development and release, and being more connected to the business needs of the company.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, with a preferred location in Europe. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will join the Growth Hacking team that consists of front-end and back-end engineers to work on different projects and technologies. You will craft pages on our website to meet the marketing goals quickly, refactor back-end and front-end code to optimize website performance, and be involved in a wide variety of short-term projects covering things like SEO, SEM, conversion optimization, content marketing, website information architecture, etc. You will collaborate with the teams on both edges of the spectrum, the CMS team that is responsible for the website engine and the Public Pages team that builds pages. To thrive and flourish in the Growth Hacking team, you will need an open but critical mind of an experimenter and a get-things-done attitude.
In the first week you will:
- Go through the Developer Bootcamp to understand and integrate with our systems.
In the first month you will:
- Be working on technical projects related to growth.
In the first three months you will:
- Learn and understand growth at Toptal and how our projects relate to our growth objectives.
In the first six months you will:
- Have a deep understanding of the levers of growth as it relates to the goals of our growth channels at Toptal.
In the first year you will:
- Help evaluate and prioritize the projects that drive growth.
- Knowledge of popular frameworks and libraries such as Bootstrap, Material UI, jQuery, Backbone, and React is a plus.
- At least a year of experience with essential developer tools such as git and shell, ssh.
- An open but critical mind of an experimenter.
- Appreciation for mostly short term project-based work and its benefits.
- “Get things done” attitude.
- Interest in web marketing, particularly in SEO, paid media, analytics.
- Experience with e-commerce, advertisement, growth hacking, and conversion optimization.
- Ability and interest in prototyping, exploration, and adopting new technologies.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #individualcontributorEurope #southamerica