Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We need someone to bring creative energy and drive innovation as they manage high impact initiatives related to growing Toptal’s business. This Growth Manager will quickly identify, prioritize, and improve opportunities that drive revenue growth. As a Growth Manager at Toptal, you will develop a coherent marketing strategy, evaluate product improvements, and examine any other areas that could help achieve this goal.
You will work with and build consensus across the entire organization as you lead large budget initiatives. By building a new market where your ideas will directly translate into bottom-line impact, this strategic role will apply an analytical foundation to build and execute a vision.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
We’re looking for a leader, individual contributor, and collaborative partner who is motivated to drive efforts to grow Toptal’s verticals (Design, Development, Finance, Project Manager, Product Manager)! Our Growth Managers direct growth initiatives across several areas, including digital marketing, business development, operations, and more. Being familiar with all sources of growth data and being able to quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed to effectively evolve and inform the direction and nature of growth initiatives will be crucial.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with the Growth team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
- Begin to understand the growth methodology for each of our verticals.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Be an authority in Toptal’s strategy regarding the growth of Toptal’s verticals.
- Contribute new ideas for driving revenue growth with well-reasoned hypotheses.
- Start to execute on projects with measured results.
- Understand Toptal’s data structure and begin conducting analytical research on key business metrics.
- Learn to drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, etc.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully understand and be the leader of the key cross-functional growth initiatives.
- Own and be measured on vertical growth strategy and results, prioritizing critical opportunities.
- Build strong, cross-functional relationships across Toptal.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Continue to rapidly ideate, prioritize, and execute on new ideas and growth strategies.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be the go-to cross-functional SME for the expansion of a Toptal vertical.
- 3-5 years of professional experience with a strong analytical background and the ability to translate analysis into action.
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets is a requirement; experience with SQL and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional initiatives within an organization.
- Self-starter attitude with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- Motivation to rapidly learn new skills and develop your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- Outstanding attention to detail and capacity to take responsibility for a high-bar of quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone that craves receiving feedback and constructive criticism will enjoy our culture.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.